Kunio-kun Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kunio-kun Community

A forum dedicated to the Kunio-kun game series.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
ANNOUNCEMENT: Come join #KunioKun! Our own IRC Channel on irc.esper.net!
ANNOUNCEMENT: We are now on Steam as well! Come join us if you'd like: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/Kunio-kun
HEADS-UP: Join the ChatBox for some live... well... chatting! Just scroll down below on the forum front page!
ATTENTION! Forum address has been changed to kkgc.forumotion.com!
COMING UP: Forum rules update. A possible reputation system?

Finished River City Ransom Downtown Special EX

Go down 
+4
William0918
Sorinkun
SwordGrayFire
Venom1660
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Danger
Gang Thug
Danger

Finished River City Ransom Downtown Special EX  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finished River City Ransom Downtown Special EX    Finished River City Ransom Downtown Special EX  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2015 11:39 pm

I don't know why I have a problem with palletes again with two colors 255,160,0 & 250,120,100 every time I add the first It works but when I add the second it don't work and if I delete the first the second will work, this is available for any new colors I mean even If I add a third one it will work but the others not, this is a mess the similar problem I've had on my kd it supported only 256 colors but I don't think this is the case because jidaigeki heresy have more colors than this one...HELP What a Face
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/DANGEROVIDIU/videos?flow=grid&v
Venom1660
Gang Thug

PostSubject: Re: Finished River City Ransom Downtown Special EX    Finished River City Ransom Downtown Special EX  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2015 12:30 am

yes, comstyle isn't that tough when you finally figure out how it works. It can be very tedious though...I made close to 100 different comstyles when making my game, and I was very meticulous about it. You are on your way dude, to making your own game! The hardest file to figure out for me was the scenario.txt....by far. Not sure what you mean about fighting more bosses on a higher difficulty.

Has anyone found a way to make your starting cash higher than 200? It doesn't seem to work by simply writing a new number in the Money catagory in storycharadata.

Hmm danger x, i will have to look into this problem. It's been so long since I've had to mess with my pallette and colordata files.
Back to top Go down
Danger
Gang Thug
Danger

PostSubject: Re: Finished River City Ransom Downtown Special EX    Finished River City Ransom Downtown Special EX  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2015 1:24 am

After I deleted the pallete.txt file it worked but It's missing other colors and cannot be added this is really impossible...
Back to top Go down
Danger
Gang Thug
Danger

PostSubject: Re: Finished River City Ransom Downtown Special EX    Finished River City Ransom Downtown Special EX  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2015 2:47 am

Problem solved now moving on to bigger things...
Back to top Go down
Venom1660
Gang Thug

PostSubject: Re: Finished River City Ransom Downtown Special EX    Finished River City Ransom Downtown Special EX  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2015 4:21 am

i knew you could do it

dahhh so I made many more changes to my game...sorinkun, too bad you beat it already because theres a couple more things I added. I decided to add a new gang, the Locals...the gang that replaced the Squids in the NES game...I figured why not throw both of them into the game. There's also some nice surprise boss fights at the end of the game, one of which is entirely optional, you don't have to defeat him to see the ending. I'm gonna go ahead and replace the game i have uploaded on there now with this one. BUT, if someone knows how to raise the amount of money you start with in the game to like 600, that'd be pretty cool. I'll wait on it for now.
Back to top Go down
Sorinkun
Gang Officer
Sorinkun

PostSubject: Re: Finished River City Ransom Downtown Special EX    Finished River City Ransom Downtown Special EX  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2015 7:58 am

No problem. I will happily play it again Smile !
Why duelchardata.txt has a Money collumn? Try to edit it too...
Back to top Go down
http://www.nkdc.forum-motion.com/
Venom1660
Gang Thug

PostSubject: Re: Finished River City Ransom Downtown Special EX    Finished River City Ransom Downtown Special EX  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2015 2:01 am

hey cool!  By the way I discovered something.  In the duel section of the game, theres a mode where you and up to 3 allies(i think, it might be more) can fight every member of a certain gang all at once.  All 10 gang members on screen.  It's pretty cool.  So i decided to actually type in the names of the gangs in familydata.txt and it turns out one of the menus actually displays the gang names!  I thought it was pretty cool considering there's no other place in the game that tells you the names of the gangs.  So I'll include that when I re upload the game.  To get to the menu I'm talking about you go to the third option on the main screen, then go to the first option, then go to the second option.  
Back to top Go down
Danger
Gang Thug
Danger

PostSubject: Re: Finished River City Ransom Downtown Special EX    Finished River City Ransom Downtown Special EX  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2015 2:46 am

I will try this out, and I think 8 is the maximum characters that can appear on screen in story mode because the max is 4 vs 4 I never seen more than this...
Back to top Go down
Sorinkun
Gang Officer
Sorinkun

PostSubject: Re: Finished River City Ransom Downtown Special EX    Finished River City Ransom Downtown Special EX  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2015 7:55 am

Yeah, I like that mode.

About the money thing; it just cannot be edited. The money collumn is the amount of money a boss drops. I even tried to edit the save.txt file that tells you hiw much money you acquired so far, no result AND it makes the save data to stop responding if you want to start from there.

Back to the family mode, it is third option then second option.

Has anybody tested the fourth option of the main menu? If you enter there you will see two options; one is for editing which characters should go to story mode and the second is still a mistery.
Back to top Go down
Venom1660
Gang Thug

PostSubject: Re: Finished River City Ransom Downtown Special EX    Finished River City Ransom Downtown Special EX  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2015 7:00 pm

hmm, i just checked it out and I have no idea...There are up arrows in the text...hmm
Back to top Go down
Sorinkun
Gang Officer
Sorinkun

PostSubject: Re: Finished River City Ransom Downtown Special EX    Finished River City Ransom Downtown Special EX  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2015 7:16 pm

I really wish someone could tranlate this!

Only if pyotir would be active again.

Ontopic: I just thought of a possible charaction.bmp customization: if you downloaded the game from it's official site, you saw in the graphics folder charaction.bmp with a little mosification. The gloves have pink color which are changed depending of the team in battle mode.
How can I change that? Is palette.txt the key?
Back to top Go down
Venom1660
Gang Thug

PostSubject: Re: Finished River City Ransom Downtown Special EX    Finished River City Ransom Downtown Special EX  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2015 9:55 pm

do you think it could be possible to translate the games menus? thatd be really awesome. How do you translate anything other than the dialogue from bosses gangs and cutscenes? I'll check out the charaction file ur talking about.
Back to top Go down
Sorinkun
Gang Officer
Sorinkun

PostSubject: Re: Finished River City Ransom Downtown Special EX    Finished River City Ransom Downtown Special EX  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2015 11:25 pm

Well, KD is already translated by him but he is barely active now.

By the way, I am 90% sure I discovered how to introduce more allies in story mode. Go to the MALLS (in the original JD remake, not yours) and enter the gamble room then choose the third option.
That currency you see is the converted $ . 1000$ Is 100 gamble currency. Try your luck and win enough to buy that because I couldn't...
Back to top Go down
Venom1660
Gang Thug

PostSubject: Re: Finished River City Ransom Downtown Special EX    Finished River City Ransom Downtown Special EX  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2015 11:46 pm

someone should try to contact this pyotir guy and get him to translate this game. Thad be the next step. If he did that, I'd have no choice but to write up a script for this game and translate everything else.
Back to top Go down
Sorinkun
Gang Officer
Sorinkun

PostSubject: Re: Finished River City Ransom Downtown Special EX    Finished River City Ransom Downtown Special EX  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2015 12:14 am

Do you know how to do that?

He used a program called lazpat. Maybe it will work with JD too.

By the way, is there a way to stop the AI performing the jumpland tech WITHOUT jumplanding? It's annoying and OP. They keep SpinAttacking without jumplanding. Or can a player do this too?
Back to top Go down
Venom1660
Gang Thug

PostSubject: Re: Finished River City Ransom Downtown Special EX    Finished River City Ransom Downtown Special EX  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2015 5:26 pm

I haven't attempted it yet, but in the speech folder there are files, none of which can allow you to translate the in game menu's or the items in the shops.  

As for the AI performing techs, I don't think there's a way to change that.  The AI seems to be able to do the techs whenever they want regardless of how it's performed.  The spinattack move that I gave to PAT does seem a bit overpowered when he does it...it just comes out of no where.  This is another reason why I wanted to limit the amount of times they use their techs because they can sometimes just cheese you with them if you put their "special" category in their comstyle to anything but 1.

where can I find this "lazpat" program you speak of?
Back to top Go down
Danger
Gang Thug
Danger

PostSubject: Re: Finished River City Ransom Downtown Special EX    Finished River City Ransom Downtown Special EX  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2015 6:10 pm

Dude you can't find the text because he is in the jidaigeki.exe file, I opened him in hex just to see how many values there are...you can use hex editor to edit the text but You must first find out the text values scratch
Back to top Go down
Sorinkun
Gang Officer
Sorinkun

PostSubject: Re: Finished River City Ransom Downtown Special EX    Finished River City Ransom Downtown Special EX  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2015 6:32 pm

Anyway, I plan to start my own storymode story but eventdata kills me Sad and the I cannot understand a word in the tutorial one.
Venom, can you please tell me the values? I only know /boss/yes
no/ and thats it...

Take how much time you need just tell me.
Back to top Go down
Venom1660
Gang Thug

PostSubject: Re: Finished River City Ransom Downtown Special EX    Finished River City Ransom Downtown Special EX  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2015 7:31 pm

woah woah back it up a second...hex editor?  I've heard of this...I only used it for one thing and man is it complicated.  Danger X, how could one possibly begin to find out what anything in the hex editor means when you open up the Jidaigeki.exe with it?  I just downloaded it to see.  Danger X, if you are knowledgeable with hexeditor you should try to pinpoint what lines need to be edited.  I want to figure this out too so if you can help me with it I'd be glad.  

ahh sorinkun...I don't really know how to answer your question.  All i did was try to make sure the game didn't mess up when making the eventdata files...so if there was a line in event data involving one character, I would just take an already existing line that had one character and just edit the first 4 columns...

The only thing I can tell you about the dialogue columns are that the numbers there are associated with the lines in the serifu text, and the last digit in every number was who was speaking.  For example...if you wanted 3 people to say stuff, the line would look like this:

-3240-3251-3262-....  

the ones digit in these numbers indicates who's talking. So the first line, 3240, the zero indicates that its the first character saying the line, and the line they are saying is line 324 in the serifu.txt file.  So 0 indicates the first character, 1 indicates the second, 2 indicates the third, and so on.  I haven't actually tested this but I gathered this knowledge from the translated eventdata tutorial text file that I included with my game.  This will take a looong time to do....prolly as long as it took for me to make everything else in the game.  

Man I post on here a lot...I've been very bored lately.
Back to top Go down
Danger
Gang Thug
Danger

PostSubject: Re: Finished River City Ransom Downtown Special EX    Finished River City Ransom Downtown Special EX  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2015 7:55 pm

I got some experience with hex editor but Jidaigeki has to many values for me to find out...it would take to much time (maybe weeks) we need someone who might guess the values or a program like that lazpat...I don't hurry to much right now but I want to make my game until march.
Back to top Go down
Sorinkun
Gang Officer
Sorinkun

PostSubject: Re: Finished River City Ransom Downtown Special EX    Finished River City Ransom Downtown Special EX  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2015 8:28 pm

I like to post here about the games I like. I don't get bored, thats why I have over 400 posts counted Smile .

I'd like to help you guys on translation but I know nothing about hex editing. But if you can extract some text, I'd be happy to translate it for you.
Back to top Go down
Danger
Gang Thug
Danger

PostSubject: Re: Finished River City Ransom Downtown Special EX    Finished River City Ransom Downtown Special EX  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2015 7:25 am

Venom remember you said that you can store only 16 allies at a time, well I want to know more, is there a way to store more or something like it?
Back to top Go down
Sorinkun
Gang Officer
Sorinkun

PostSubject: Re: Finished River City Ransom Downtown Special EX    Finished River City Ransom Downtown Special EX  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2015 9:18 am

Do you mean store 'em in Sanki's Hotel the place where you change characters, choose weapons and store your money) ? I think you can have more than 16.
Back to top Go down
Venom1660
Gang Thug

PostSubject: Re: Finished River City Ransom Downtown Special EX    Finished River City Ransom Downtown Special EX  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2015 3:53 pm

that was my original thought, but that's not true.  You can have as many people join as you want, as long as you put the right information in the "partyjoindatastart" section in the eventdata file and coordinate it with the scenario.txt.  In scenario, when you want someone to join you make the second number a 1.  When you do that, the third number refers to a line in "partyjoindatastart".

Dude, I didn't even know you could store your money at Sanki's....good to know.
Back to top Go down
Sorinkun
Gang Officer
Sorinkun

PostSubject: Re: Finished River City Ransom Downtown Special EX    Finished River City Ransom Downtown Special EX  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2015 4:35 pm

Another thing I discovered months ago but remembered now: there are lots of hidden techniques that require you to do secret stuff to achieve them.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4GGUY-CSS4&index=22&list=PLfbRb0UIID2ZZNyaaWz3Amf-wZYBHJZnD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Finished River City Ransom Downtown Special EX    Finished River City Ransom Downtown Special EX  - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Finished River City Ransom Downtown Special EX
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next