Kunio-kun Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kunio-kun Community

A forum dedicated to the Kunio-kun game series.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
ANNOUNCEMENT: Come join #KunioKun! Our own IRC Channel on irc.esper.net!
ANNOUNCEMENT: We are now on Steam as well! Come join us if you'd like: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/Kunio-kun
HEADS-UP: Join the ChatBox for some live... well... chatting! Just scroll down below on the forum front page!
ATTENTION! Forum address has been changed to kkgc.forumotion.com!
COMING UP: Forum rules update. A possible reputation system?

Finished River City Ransom Downtown Special EX

Go down 
+4
William0918
Sorinkun
SwordGrayFire
Venom1660
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Danger
Gang Thug
Danger

Finished River City Ransom Downtown Special EX  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finished River City Ransom Downtown Special EX    Finished River City Ransom Downtown Special EX  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2015 1:35 am

Sorinkun If you make an kd or jidaigeki that means miracles can happen.
Venom1660 Will you bother a little and add the hockey too, they are the only ones that are missing if you agree then tell me I will provide you with all you need (faces,skins,datas,I know all about hockey) [If you don't want it in your jidaigeki then help me put them in my version then]
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/DANGEROVIDIU/videos?flow=grid&v
Venom1660
Gang Thug

PostSubject: Re: Finished River City Ransom Downtown Special EX    Finished River City Ransom Downtown Special EX  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2015 2:00 am

how many characters are there?  Also, what special moves do they have?  It'd be cool if the special moves they have are related to the moves they do in the hockey game.  Do they have English names?  When do you want them to show up in the game? Or do you want to leave that up to me? If you would, then I'll ask one thing: whos the strongest of all the hockey players? I'll make him the last one you fight, and I'll try to spread the other ones throughout the game. Also make sure you give them boss musics that come from the hockey game. You can go ahead and send me the info I need to put them in.  I finished with the updated game and was about to re upload it but I'll wait to see what you have for me....have you played the game and beaten it already Danger X?  How much did you play?
Back to top Go down
Sorinkun
Gang Officer
Sorinkun

PostSubject: Re: Finished River City Ransom Downtown Special EX    Finished River City Ransom Downtown Special EX  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2015 7:38 am

DANGER Y, only if I had our free time...

Venom, I finished the game, finally... the battle with Otis, Randy, Andy, Thor was one of the toughest hardest battle ever. The one with Todo, Slick, Randy and Andy was the same. I spent 5000 $ to buy health regen during tough battles. Didn't bother buying techs. Just bought the H. Guard and MASTER. You what MASTER does, right? It took me 3 days to finish it Smile

Can you tell me where can I find the in game texts? I want to translate techs performing text.
Back to top Go down
http://www.nkdc.forum-motion.com/
Venom1660
Gang Thug

PostSubject: Re: Finished River City Ransom Downtown Special EX    Finished River City Ransom Downtown Special EX  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2015 11:44 pm

no what does master do?  And by health regen, do you mean you just bought food to help restore health during the battles, or you bought a health regeneration tech?  How did you know where to buy H. Guard and Master?  I'd love to translate the in game texts but i don't know how.  To my knowledge, the only things that can be translated are the dialogue for what gangs and bosses say, what shop keepers say, and what the technos sensei says(that person that tells you that your going into a new area).  

So you beat the game.  Overall what did you think?  Anything worth noting about the gangs, or end bosses?  Anything you liked or didn't like particularly?  Did you fight the final bosses in the school?  Thanks for playing my game dude, hope you had fun.
Back to top Go down
Danger
Gang Thug
Danger

PostSubject: Re: Finished River City Ransom Downtown Special EX    Finished River City Ransom Downtown Special EX  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2015 12:24 am

Sorry dude I didn't played much I hardly play a kunio game that haven't the hockey in it...But if you help me I will...Don't worry I will send you all the information I know but after a few days I am busy now hacking another game...There are 58 characters in total, thanks for your help, when I will be ready I will send you a Pm, by the way this could be the best Jidaigeki I ever seen, This or heresy don't know for sure.
Back to top Go down
Venom1660
Gang Thug

PostSubject: Re: Finished River City Ransom Downtown Special EX    Finished River City Ransom Downtown Special EX  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2015 2:55 am

58 characters?? O.O I don't think I'd want all 58 characters in my game, but if you wanted all of them in yours I could help you. The most I would put in my game would be like hmm 3 or 4 maybe 5. There are only about 4 or 5 characters from each series in my game. (soccer game, dodgeball game, fighting game, crash n the boys, etc.) 58 is almost half of my entire games character roster. You should send me your favorite 4 characters and I'll put them in my game. But my main requirement is they have to have special techs that are unique to them. In my game no characters have special techs that are shared by other characters...with a few exceptions, like the Dragon Twins both having the cyclone kick.

So I'm gonna go ahead and re upload the game with all the updates. By the way sorry Sorinkun, Ryan was supposed to have his signature Uppercut Shot dodgeball throw when you fight him in the game...but I made a mistake and gave him the wrong tech. I fixed that in this update. And Sorinkun, if you want, try to figure out how to do all the techs on the bottom of the Move list, I have no idea how to perform them. Some of the coolest moves too I can't figure out like the uppercut shot and the spear shot, the baseball shot...etc. Of course the computer can do them just fine. I was unable to get them to even show up in the games skill list so I'm at a loss.
Back to top Go down
Sorinkun
Gang Officer
Sorinkun

PostSubject: Re: Finished River City Ransom Downtown Special EX    Finished River City Ransom Downtown Special EX  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2015 7:29 am

Ok, after I come home, I will deal with it.
Back to top Go down
Danger
Gang Thug
Danger

PostSubject: Re: Finished River City Ransom Downtown Special EX    Finished River City Ransom Downtown Special EX  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2015 1:49 am

There is a problem with the jidaigeki, not like the other jidaigeki when I open him he opens in window mode it is good but I want to know how to play in full screen because when I play windowed the game is very slow HELP.
Back to top Go down
Venom1660
Gang Thug

PostSubject: Re: Finished River City Ransom Downtown Special EX    Finished River City Ransom Downtown Special EX  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2015 2:26 am

look at the tips section in my first post it says how to do fullscreen. I'll just explain here too:

go to the file in the base folder called "system" and make the first 1 you see there a 0. you can adjust the screen dimensions there too.
Back to top Go down
Sorinkun
Gang Officer
Sorinkun

PostSubject: Re: Finished River City Ransom Downtown Special EX    Finished River City Ransom Downtown Special EX  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2015 10:10 am

It crashes my game BUT if somewhat found a solution:
Leave that 1 is it is and adjust the resolution to your exact screen resolution.

It worked for me just fine.

EDIT: Venom, I found the combination for some of your unknown techs.
Spear Shot: Jump + weapon + B
Baseball Shot: Weapon + hold B
Tora's throw: Left/Right + A (or B, I forgot) near an enemy)

I will send you the .txt file with all the discovered moves.
Back to top Go down
Venom1660
Gang Thug

PostSubject: Re: Finished River City Ransom Downtown Special EX    Finished River City Ransom Downtown Special EX  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2015 8:39 pm

how the hell did you get those moves to show up in the in game skill list? I'll put those numbers in my storycharadata files character, but they won't even show up. I figured that was the only way to do those moves...but they still don't work.
Back to top Go down
Danger
Gang Thug
Danger

PostSubject: Re: Finished River City Ransom Downtown Special EX    Finished River City Ransom Downtown Special EX  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2015 8:56 pm

Vemom1660 I though you must know there is a problem with your system.dat file even after I changed ti to be is full screen the characters were very slow and buggy including the womens, now I replaced it with another system.dat from another jidaigeki and it works good, and you must know I have windows 7 ultimate, that's all.
Back to top Go down
Sorinkun
Gang Officer
Sorinkun

PostSubject: Re: Finished River City Ransom Downtown Special EX    Finished River City Ransom Downtown Special EX  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2015 12:01 am

I don't have such problems, the game instantly crashes if I change it to fullscreen Smile

If you want it to work, change compatibility settings for Windows 98/ME.
Back to top Go down
Danger
Gang Thug
Danger

PostSubject: Re: Finished River City Ransom Downtown Special EX    Finished River City Ransom Downtown Special EX  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2015 2:42 am

Well I finally finished the faces now I am doing the storychardata. I think personal type It means the values the fighter starts with, from the personalstatus.txt file but I don't understand what basis means...and by the way another weird thing happened never seen it before, My faces colors are 255,160,0, in face.bmp like they should be, but in the game they are not the same color what could be the problem?It because the game can't support that color, well not really because skin value it work well, this is....no idea study
Back to top Go down
Danger
Gang Thug
Danger

PostSubject: Re: Finished River City Ransom Downtown Special EX    Finished River City Ransom Downtown Special EX  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2015 2:52 am

I can't believe this I'm a genius I just resolved the color problem wanna guess how. Very Happy  (I still want to find out what basis mean) [Incredible stages now I see...you Jidaigeki is the best]
Back to top Go down
Sorinkun
Gang Officer
Sorinkun

PostSubject: Re: Finished River City Ransom Downtown Special EX    Finished River City Ransom Downtown Special EX  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2015 7:48 am

Don't tell Very Happy wanna discover it myself! Finally, I succesfully added a damn character in Battle Mode.
Back to top Go down
Danger
Gang Thug
Danger

PostSubject: Re: Finished River City Ransom Downtown Special EX    Finished River City Ransom Downtown Special EX  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2015 1:34 pm

I'm not interested in that mode I can't even understand what you must do to win...
Back to top Go down
Sorinkun
Gang Officer
Sorinkun

PostSubject: Re: Finished River City Ransom Downtown Special EX    Finished River City Ransom Downtown Special EX  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2015 11:46 pm

You just have to be the last man standing, like in KD.
I also found out how to deal with the color thing. But really. basis...? I cannot find anything related to it...
Back to top Go down
Danger
Gang Thug
Danger

PostSubject: Re: Finished River City Ransom Downtown Special EX    Finished River City Ransom Downtown Special EX  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2015 12:06 am

I simple though that the color is not in the game and I added it in palette.txt...simple Smile
Back to top Go down
Venom1660
Gang Thug

PostSubject: Re: Finished River City Ransom Downtown Special EX    Finished River City Ransom Downtown Special EX  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2015 2:19 am

perhaps i can shed some light on what basis is.  I think Danger X is right about personal type, but from what I've gathered...it looks like basis multiplies their base stats by a certain amount the bigger the number is.  It is essential in creating the right strength levels for your characters in story mode.  

haha, looks like you guys solved that color problem without needing my help.  Cheers.  

I'm sorry to hear about your guys' system files not working...I've never had such problems.  Sorinkun is prolly right about it being compatibility issues with your OS.  Full screen works fine when I do it.  

And thanks by the way Danger X, I worked really hard on the stages for this game.  I'm glad to see you checked it out more.  

by the way sorinkun...I've been messing around with the duel mode...and every time I set up a game my oppenents only ever have 1 point of health and die in one punch.  Whats the deal with that?  Also, perhaps you didn't notice but I created a duelcharadata file, it's packaged in with the updated game and I reposted it on the first post.  Here is the duelcharadata so you can just replace it with yours if you'd like.
Attachments
Finished River City Ransom Downtown Special EX  - Page 2 Attachmentduelcharadata.txt
You don't have permission to download attachments.
(13 Kb) Downloaded 2 times
Back to top Go down
Danger
Gang Thug
Danger

PostSubject: Re: Finished River City Ransom Downtown Special EX    Finished River City Ransom Downtown Special EX  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2015 2:59 am

You'd be surprised Venom1660 to know how many things I found out in nes & kd hacking and don't forget I am a gamer too...hmmm this basis thing is interesting, it looks it needs exploited study
///Another question I know that frm the start you can have a partener (cpu) but in time you can have two and then three, how do you change this?
Back to top Go down
Venom1660
Gang Thug

PostSubject: Re: Finished River City Ransom Downtown Special EX    Finished River City Ransom Downtown Special EX  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2015 5:29 am

I'd actually like to know this as well. I'm pretty sure theres a secret shop somewhere where you can buy the ability to have another cpu with you.
Back to top Go down
Sorinkun
Gang Officer
Sorinkun

PostSubject: Re: Finished River City Ransom Downtown Special EX    Finished River City Ransom Downtown Special EX  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2015 7:40 am

Yeah. in the original JDSPSP(the one that was not modified), I was able to fight along 3 more allies!

Venom. every fighter has 1 HP because their difficulty is automatically set to the lowest. You have to put them to normal for it to work. I experienced this too.

Things discovered so far:
-Basis (hell yeah)
-Colordata and paletter
-Adding a character
-PersonalityType
-FamilyType/Status/Data 50%

When I edit FamilyData.txt, FollowerName refers to the storychardata.txt, right?
Back to top Go down
Venom1660
Gang Thug

PostSubject: Re: Finished River City Ransom Downtown Special EX    Finished River City Ransom Downtown Special EX  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2015 9:14 pm

ah that makes sense.

no, followername refers to the gang members names. It's not related to storycharadata.txt at all.
Back to top Go down
Sorinkun
Gang Officer
Sorinkun

PostSubject: Re: Finished River City Ransom Downtown Special EX    Finished River City Ransom Downtown Special EX  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2015 9:59 pm

Oh, now I got it! There is a follower.bmp or something for it! There's like 10 facesets in there.

I finally discovered how the comstyle works. You have to enter a number from every combat style category! It's so awesome! Now, I just need to know how the event data and scenario work, probably in some years, I will release a JDSPSP....

I heard that I am able to fight more bosses if I play on a higher difficulty, is that right?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Finished River City Ransom Downtown Special EX    Finished River City Ransom Downtown Special EX  - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Finished River City Ransom Downtown Special EX
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next