Kunio-kun Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kunio-kun Community

A forum dedicated to the Kunio-kun game series.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
ANNOUNCEMENT: Come join #KunioKun! Our own IRC Channel on irc.esper.net!
ANNOUNCEMENT: We are now on Steam as well! Come join us if you'd like: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/Kunio-kun
HEADS-UP: Join the ChatBox for some live... well... chatting! Just scroll down below on the forum front page!
ATTENTION! Forum address has been changed to kkgc.forumotion.com!
COMING UP: Forum rules update. A possible reputation system?

River City Ransom: Downtown Special EX!! (Work in Progress)

Go down 
+3
Sorinkun
SwordGrayFire
GreatMasterFrank
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Danger
Gang Thug
Danger

River City Ransom: Downtown Special EX!! (Work in Progress) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: River City Ransom: Downtown Special EX!! (Work in Progress)   River City Ransom: Downtown Special EX!! (Work in Progress) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 18, 2014 10:54 am

Joining and leaving are not only related to eventdata I think is related to scenario too.Check this comstyledata translated to english https://www.dropbox.com/s/cx8tkwwmt5xtui1/j.txt?dl=0
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/DANGEROVIDIU/videos?flow=grid&v
Venom1660
Gang Thug

PostSubject: Re: River City Ransom: Downtown Special EX!! (Work in Progress)   River City Ransom: Downtown Special EX!! (Work in Progress) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 18, 2014 11:43 pm

yeah, I also tried to translate the comstyledata file.  It seems that I can almost make sense of it all, except what I still don't understand is where those numbers go in the rows and columns above.  I would assume that the number in the beginning of the row is the number you type into the comstyle columns in the other data files.  Maybe you can figure it out if you stare at it long enough.  No word from 920kun?  Where is that swordgrayfire dude, he said he knew how to manipulate some of the data files.

by the way yeah your prolly right that scenario is also involved with the character joining thing. I played pretty far into the game last night and there are a bunch of characters that don't join when they're supposed to. There's also a character that shows up, fights me, then asks to join, and if I say yes, he spawns over again and fights me again and it keeps repeating. He never actually joins. If I say no, he disappears and that's it.

I'm having a bit of a problem with Benny and Clyde, they keep running away from me on the map, and with the way I have the map set up, its almost impossible to catch up to them. I changed it so that the move column was 6 for every character, which I think is the setting that makes them try to find me as fast as they can. I'll have to look into why Benny and Clyde aren't trying to seek me out.
Back to top Go down
Danger
Gang Thug
Danger

PostSubject: Re: River City Ransom: Downtown Special EX!! (Work in Progress)   River City Ransom: Downtown Special EX!! (Work in Progress) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2014 1:12 am

hmmm (920kun) it seems he has no action on youtube since then...don't count to much on that swordgrayfire fellow because he is not often seen here...now I try to learn all the skills and make a skills list off my own you know they are from 0-109 +255, hard to figure out how to do some of them.
Back to top Go down
Venom1660
Gang Thug

PostSubject: Re: River City Ransom: Downtown Special EX!! (Work in Progress)   River City Ransom: Downtown Special EX!! (Work in Progress) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2014 2:23 am

dude you played super dodgeball right?  remember team USA's captain, Sam aka Alex?  His jumping spear shot is in this jidaigeki game, I've seen it used in one of 920kun's videos, but I can't do it.  It doesn't show up in the skill list, but the computer boss version of Alex can do it.  Remember team All-Stars captain, Jack aka Ryan?  His special throw is also in the game, the Uppercut shot, but only the computer controlled boss version can do it, and I can't.  I donno what the deal is with that.

The move list that got posted on this forum doesn't have those listed, but the storycharadata file would suggest that Alex's spear shot is 144, and Ryan's uppercut shot is 152.  You can try adding those numbers to your character and see if you can do them in your game.  All you do I would think is do a running jumping throw with a weapon with Alex or dash and throw the weapon with Ryan.

And thats right the baseball shot, I dont know how to do that one either, I think I'm having the same problem with that, only the AI can do it. The number is 150.

Last edited by Venom1660 on Sun Oct 19, 2014 5:18 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
SwordGrayFire
Gang Officer
SwordGrayFire

PostSubject: Re: River City Ransom: Downtown Special EX!! (Work in Progress)   River City Ransom: Downtown Special EX!! (Work in Progress) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2014 3:21 am

DANGER X wrote:
don't count to much on that swordgrayfire fellow because he is not often seen here...
I only know from faces and Color of making it. if i were to find my old Jidaigeki file on the internet someone i would give the link, making a stage is one i cant do. Faces with power, Color and skin color with all the other ones on there is sorta i can do cuz i sorta understand it with Trail and Error.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/TheKDkid1
Danger
Gang Thug
Danger

PostSubject: Re: River City Ransom: Downtown Special EX!! (Work in Progress)   River City Ransom: Downtown Special EX!! (Work in Progress) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2014 1:25 am

I know the move list is not complete here are some new moves
102 - Mongolia shoot (Weapon + Jump + B)
103 - Canary shoot (Weapon + Jump + B)
104 - Piranha shoot (Weapon + Jump + B)
105 - Sole shoot (Weapon + Jump + B)
109 - Body Press (Jump + B)
Still trying to figure out 106 107 108 and I will check your moves too.
Back to top Go down
Venom1660
Gang Thug

PostSubject: Re: River City Ransom: Downtown Special EX!! (Work in Progress)   River City Ransom: Downtown Special EX!! (Work in Progress) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2014 2:50 am

Ive figured out 106 107 and 108. I don't know what to call them so I made up my own names.

106 - Weapon Side Swipe (weapon+forward+B)
107 - Bounce Shot (Weapon+Run+forward+B)
108 - Counter Attack (Attack just before someone is about to punch or kick you)
Back to top Go down
Danger
Gang Thug
Danger

PostSubject: Re: River City Ransom: Downtown Special EX!! (Work in Progress)   River City Ransom: Downtown Special EX!! (Work in Progress) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2014 2:03 pm

107 It works (Weapon+right or left as well running and jumping) but 106 is not working in any way are you sure it is the correct combination?By the way I think they are all moves until 255, and some moves says Picked Enemy or Pick enemy overhead how do I do that, I know you must beat them they will get dizzy but I really can't catch them...
Back to top Go down
Venom1660
Gang Thug

PostSubject: Re: River City Ransom: Downtown Special EX!! (Work in Progress)   River City Ransom: Downtown Special EX!! (Work in Progress) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2014 2:59 am

yeah dude 106 is just forward and swing the weapon at the same time. It's a pretty simple move. "picked enemy" means grabbing them by their legs like your gonna swing them around. "Picked overhead" means picking them up over your head in traditional River City Ransom style for the NES. I'm not positive what does what but when the enemy is on the ground you go over their body and either press A or B, and it will either pick them up over your head or pick them up by their legs.

I'm still confused by how some of the moves work when the AI uses them but not for me. Those moves don't even show up on my skill list in the game. I'm referring to the moves I mentioned in my other post. Try doing those and see if they even show up on the skill list.
Back to top Go down
Sorinkun
Gang Officer
Sorinkun

PostSubject: Re: River City Ransom: Downtown Special EX!! (Work in Progress)   River City Ransom: Downtown Special EX!! (Work in Progress) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2014 9:14 am

255 gives all moves.

How is the project goin' ? Any improvements?
Back to top Go down
http://www.nkdc.forum-motion.com/
Venom1660
Gang Thug

PostSubject: Re: River City Ransom: Downtown Special EX!! (Work in Progress)   River City Ransom: Downtown Special EX!! (Work in Progress) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2014 2:13 am

not really. I can't solve any of the problems I've listed and no one else seems to know more than I do about manipulating the files.
Back to top Go down
Sorinkun
Gang Officer
Sorinkun

PostSubject: Re: River City Ransom: Downtown Special EX!! (Work in Progress)   River City Ransom: Downtown Special EX!! (Work in Progress) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2014 7:31 am

Try changing your windows language to Japanese as sgf did, then try translating the japanese text from the files.
Back to top Go down
Venom1660
Gang Thug

PostSubject: Re: River City Ransom: Downtown Special EX!! (Work in Progress)   River City Ransom: Downtown Special EX!! (Work in Progress) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2014 3:35 am

I did that before and attempted to translate all the data files to english. It helped a bit but I still can't figure it out completely.

I was able to isolate exactly what lines are the comstyles for the gangs I want to adjust, but still have not tinkered with the numbers enough to get the desired result. My entire plan for the gangs is to make them act as they do in the NES version of River City Ransom as best I can.

If you wish, you can try to tinker with line 71 in the comstyle data folder. That comstyle is tied to the Squids gang(dark brown color). In this game they fight unarmed. All I'd like them to do in the game is have them want to use weapons like the chain and brass knuckles and occasionally pipes. But I'd like them to throw the weapons once in a while too. So figure that out if you want.

What you need to do to test this out is adjust the first line in the eventdata so that you fight Squids first. In the eventdata, the squids is represented by the number 9. After the column with the -0- or -1-, replace the number in the next column to the right with the number 9. Now when you start the game over from the beginning you will fight the squids first. You'll have to adjust the numbers in line 71, save it, start the game up and fight the Squids and see what your tinkering did. Hopefully its not too confusing. It's just really tedious.
Back to top Go down
Venom1660
Gang Thug

PostSubject: Re: River City Ransom: Downtown Special EX!! (Work in Progress)   River City Ransom: Downtown Special EX!! (Work in Progress) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2014 2:08 am

ah I've been trying to figure out forever why this person wont join,  I'm looking at the scenario texts and eventdata texts and i donno if ill ever figure it out.  Ah this whole thing is too time consuming. If anyone can explain the whole characters joining and leaving your party thing in the scenario and eventdata files please share it with me, I'm so sick of staring at these text files.
Back to top Go down
SwordGrayFire
Gang Officer
SwordGrayFire

PostSubject: Re: River City Ransom: Downtown Special EX!! (Work in Progress)   River City Ransom: Downtown Special EX!! (Work in Progress) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2014 2:44 am

in the Special EX version, 10 people can join you? but thats all i know since i edited from that version anyway.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/TheKDkid1
Venom1660
Gang Thug

PostSubject: Re: River City Ransom: Downtown Special EX!! (Work in Progress)   River City Ransom: Downtown Special EX!! (Work in Progress) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2014 10:19 pm

are you saying theres a limit to how many people can join?  Only 10 people total can join you, even including the 3 other people that are in your party by default, in my case Alex, Ryan, Gary, and Rick?

edit: ahh jeez. every time I play the game something new goes wrong that never happend before. I'll never get the bugs fixed in this game...
Back to top Go down
Danger
Gang Thug
Danger

PostSubject: Re: River City Ransom: Downtown Special EX!! (Work in Progress)   River City Ransom: Downtown Special EX!! (Work in Progress) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2014 10:28 pm

Venom1660 that chinese guy finally writed to me he said this:

"How to modify jidaigeki remake, I wrote to this page.
http://nekketukouha920kun.web.fc2.com/jidaigekispsp/jidaigekispsp.html
eventdata, scenario, and comstyle."
Back to top Go down
Venom1660
Gang Thug

PostSubject: Re: River City Ransom: Downtown Special EX!! (Work in Progress)   River City Ransom: Downtown Special EX!! (Work in Progress) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 02, 2014 12:22 am

alright i just found some tutorials on those pages for scenario.txt, eventdata.txt, comstyledata.txt, and storycharadata.  Holy shit, this is complicated as hell.  I guess there's all sorts of hidden things like bosses and techniques, shops that only open once you've done something specific, all sorts of crazy stuff.  I was having problems with doing a couple of techniques and it looks like I have to beat up a certain amount of gang members in a certain amount of time with a certain technique.  damn, its just too much stuff!  I donno bout making my own data files now.  I guess the extraprocess stuff on the scenario file is for after you've beaten the game once, and select "No" for your answer during the ending. I find it pretty crazy that the game has this much stuff in it.

Here is a translation of the eventdata tutorial page.  I've been reading it, trying to make sense of it.  Lets see if you guys can make sense of it.  

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&hl=en&rurl=www.google.com&sl=ja&tl=en&u=http://nekketukouha920kun.web.fc2.com/jidaigekispsp/customize/1.html&usg=ALkJrhjb6Hwaz5ncPTLlsgZTlNoSw12H6w

and here is the translation of scenario tutorial page.  Please look this stuff over and see if you can explain anything.  

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&hl=en&rurl=www.google.com&sl=ja&tl=en&u=http://nekketukouha920kun.web.fc2.com/jidaigekispsp/customize/2.html&usg=ALkJrhhtpz69Nre-tWBBqHffGDo7Rc3PKA

The only way I think we'll be able to make sense of any of this stuff is if we all put our heads together.  Lets try to make this a team effort dudes, if we figure this out we can all make our own jidaigeki remake stories. I really don't wanna give up on this.
Back to top Go down
Sorinkun
Gang Officer
Sorinkun

PostSubject: Re: River City Ransom: Downtown Special EX!! (Work in Progress)   River City Ransom: Downtown Special EX!! (Work in Progress) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2014 10:14 am

I'm cecking it right now and tell you if I get something.

EDIT: No clue...
Back to top Go down
HellKnight18XXL
The Gang Leader
HellKnight18XXL

PostSubject: Re: River City Ransom: Downtown Special EX!! (Work in Progress)   River City Ransom: Downtown Special EX!! (Work in Progress) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2014 4:16 pm

Why bother making a new moves list, when you have one here: https://kkgc.forumotion.com/t22-jidaigeki-remake-moves-list
Back to top Go down
Danger
Gang Thug
Danger

PostSubject: Re: River City Ransom: Downtown Special EX!! (Work in Progress)   River City Ransom: Downtown Special EX!! (Work in Progress) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2014 6:54 pm

I know this list, but it is not complete.
Back to top Go down
Sorinkun
Gang Officer
Sorinkun

PostSubject: Re: River City Ransom: Downtown Special EX!! (Work in Progress)   River City Ransom: Downtown Special EX!! (Work in Progress) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2014 9:30 pm

I agree with Danger. Vennom with Danger disscovered some new techs that are not present in this list.
Back to top Go down
Venom1660
Gang Thug

PostSubject: Re: River City Ransom: Downtown Special EX!! (Work in Progress)   River City Ransom: Downtown Special EX!! (Work in Progress) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2014 2:22 am

yeah, and if anyone can tell me how to do the Alex and Ryans dodge ball shots as well as the baseball shot I'd be pretty pleased. The 920kun tutorials say something about them being hidden techniques and you have to do something special to unlock them. No clue really though how to.
Back to top Go down
Sorinkun
Gang Officer
Sorinkun

PostSubject: Re: River City Ransom: Downtown Special EX!! (Work in Progress)   River City Ransom: Downtown Special EX!! (Work in Progress) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2014 7:41 am

Who knows? The files are so hard understand; I sometimes wonder how did the developer do it... KD was easier to edit but, of course, with a lot more limitations than SPSP.

The admin created some cool stuff too; ask him something.
Back to top Go down
Venom1660
Gang Thug

PostSubject: Re: River City Ransom: Downtown Special EX!! (Work in Progress)   River City Ransom: Downtown Special EX!! (Work in Progress) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2014 2:00 am

hey, I donno whats happening, but now I can't translate those pages anymore. All I'm getting are these weird symbols instead of japanese text. Can anyone help me with this? I'm referring to the tutorial pages on that 920kuns website.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: River City Ransom: Downtown Special EX!! (Work in Progress)   River City Ransom: Downtown Special EX!! (Work in Progress) - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

River City Ransom: Downtown Special EX!! (Work in Progress)
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next