Kunio-kun Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kunio-kun Community

A forum dedicated to the Kunio-kun game series.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
ANNOUNCEMENT: Come join #KunioKun! Our own IRC Channel on irc.esper.net!
ANNOUNCEMENT: We are now on Steam as well! Come join us if you'd like: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/Kunio-kun
HEADS-UP: Join the ChatBox for some live... well... chatting! Just scroll down below on the forum front page!
ATTENTION! Forum address has been changed to kkgc.forumotion.com!
COMING UP: Forum rules update. A possible reputation system?

Something in the spirit...

Go down 
+3
SwordGrayFire
Danger
VonGrimmsy0
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
VonGrimmsy0
Gang Thug
VonGrimmsy0

Something in the spirit... - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Something in the spirit...   Something in the spirit... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2014 11:15 am

it's going! release is still a long way off, but things are getting done! I'm about 90% done with the main city's exteriors (save for a little tweaking, possibly), and have been working on the interiors for the buildings that need them; I'm currently at 41 areas with exterior streets alone. Very Happy Then after interiors, it's on to the second city!!

I'll seriously try to get some screenshots up on the web soon; I know I said that before, but I've been busy busy busy~! xD

EDIT: and here's this for those that wanted to see special attacks (and the second page has even more attacks...) --> My dA Gallery

Last edited by VonGrimmsy0 on Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:25 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : I derped. O_O (and added an url))
Back to top Go down
Sorinkun
Gang Officer
Sorinkun

PostSubject: Re: Something in the spirit...   Something in the spirit... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2014 10:55 pm

Cool!

What's the process of making a stage? From draw ing to programming.

Off topic edit: Your profie character reminds me of that youtuber named "Pixelated Memories"!
Back to top Go down
http://www.nkdc.forum-motion.com/
VonGrimmsy0
Gang Thug
VonGrimmsy0

PostSubject: Re: Something in the spirit...   Something in the spirit... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2014 2:55 am

well, first I sling some pixels to make objects; I have a ton of pixel art I've been working on over the past few years. usually I will just create objects from scratch using my main character as a size reference.

so then with my inventory of pixel items, I start up the level designing software that my programming buddy made - within this deceptively simple program, I first must set the size (length and depth) of the area in question, and then I must program the dimensions of each individual object I want to include to make sure they are accurately represented in the gameplay area; i.e. a building will actually stop you if you run into it, and you can jump on top of almost any object you see to use as a platform. after the item dimensions are punched in, then I can use each item as much as I want from them on - setting it's position within each area wherever I need. this whole process is as close to 'programming' as I ever need to get; after I finish all of the areas and hand them off to my programming friend, he need only 'plug in' all of the code he has made, and voila~! our game is born!! xD

or...something like that, heh. ^^; as I mentioned before, it's effectively playable right now, but without any features (or enemies) whatsoever; basically just a vacant city with a lot of places to explore. but it'll get done -- someday. Smile

(and I don't know if you saw where I said it before, but my avatar is meeeee!! xD)
Back to top Go down
Sorinkun
Gang Officer
Sorinkun

PostSubject: Re: Something in the spirit...   Something in the spirit... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2014 9:09 am

Cool! Thanks for answering!

And yes, I know you are but you look like that guy. Smile
Back to top Go down
VonGrimmsy0
Gang Thug
VonGrimmsy0

PostSubject: Re: Something in the spirit...   Something in the spirit... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2014 10:47 am

Sorinkun wrote:
Cool! Thanks for answering!

And yes, I know you are but you look like that guy. Smile

sure, no problem! I will do my best to keep you all updated on my progress! ^_^

and unfortunately I don't have access to youtube here (it's blocked along with many other sites), so I can't see this 'Pixelated Memories' fellow ~_~
Back to top Go down
Sorinkun
Gang Officer
Sorinkun

PostSubject: Re: Something in the spirit...   Something in the spirit... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2014 4:02 pm

Can't wait to play it! When you get back to America, please make some videos!
Back to top Go down
VonGrimmsy0
Gang Thug
VonGrimmsy0

PostSubject: Re: Something in the spirit...   Something in the spirit... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2014 5:55 am

that may be a while; going back to America I mean. O_O I've been here for 3 years straight already, and see no reason to leave just yet... I actually plan on staying here for good, to be honest hehe ^^;

but I can get around 'The Great Firewall' of China - I just need to pony up the cash for a VPN. Smile

(which I will probably plan on doing as development rolls along; I'll need to promote my game at some point!)
Back to top Go down
Danger
Gang Thug
Danger

PostSubject: Re: Something in the spirit...   Something in the spirit... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2014 10:08 pm

off topic: VonGrimmsy0 I've sent you an PM check it out.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/DANGEROVIDIU/videos?flow=grid&v
VonGrimmsy0
Gang Thug
VonGrimmsy0

PostSubject: Re: Something in the spirit...   Something in the spirit... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2014 7:31 am

PM seen and replied to~! on that note, does anyone know the color palette NKD uses by chance...? I could probably convert some of my game's characters for use in NKD if I know what my options are regarding colors... xD

EDIT: Danger -- no luck on the sprite sheets; the ones I found don't line up with the sizes you mentioned (8x16px). anyone have a NKD character head pic they could post as a reference...? basically just a face (with body as well is fine) for NKD that's sized correctly, then I can work off of that -- thanks in advance!

oh yeah and, random thought -- should I include a version of dodgeball in my game? I'm very seriously considering it... (and I'll leave a bit of a spoiler and just tell you guys here -- I've already made a soccer field and have talked to my programming friend about implementing a way to use it... xD)
Back to top Go down
VonGrimmsy0
Gang Thug
VonGrimmsy0

PostSubject: Re: Something in the spirit...   Something in the spirit... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2014 3:23 pm

Ok so I had an idea while working on some NKD sprites Danger asked me about; I could give members of the forum here the chance to do the same for my game. Smile

So, if you guys are interested here are a few bases for some of the stances in my game, along with the basic idle stance every character has. Oh yeah, and heads too. xD

It should all be pretty self-explanatory to use, and I can utilize whatever characters you guys contribute to make complete animations in time. I'd largely prefer totally original characters, but am totally willing to consider 'knock-off' characters (an evil Ronald McDonald or something, for example). Any contributions will be credited in the game's credits (when we get that far lol)!

Something in the spirit... - Page 3 Vongri10

(one thing, however - please try to keep the ears intact on any heads you make! Smile)

EDIT: I forgot to add - no real restriction on colors; go crazy. the only thing I ask, is to keep it to 2 shades per color used (lights and darks are enough - see the above pic for an example of what I'm talking about)!
Back to top Go down
Sorinkun
Gang Officer
Sorinkun

PostSubject: Re: Something in the spirit...   Something in the spirit... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2014 8:05 pm

Too bad my PC is messed up :/ I had some ideas....
Back to top Go down
VonGrimmsy0
Gang Thug
VonGrimmsy0

PostSubject: Re: Something in the spirit...   Something in the spirit... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2014 4:03 am

well that sucks >.< but I'm not finishing this game anytime too soon, so you'll still have plenty of time to contribute! Smile

also, to clarify these stances:

COOL: typical 'hands in the pockets' stance; these guys only attack with their left hands, rarely letting their right hand leave the pocket

KICK: as the name implies, this stance focuses on throwing kicks at your opponents

WRESTLE: duh, you can wrestle, grab, and slam opponents. xD

BRAWL: mostly uses fast punches, but can also deliver kicks as well!

IDLE: the stance just about everyone takes when they aren't fighting/doing something else.

there are more stances than these, but those are mostly reserved to unique characters; these stances I posted are the most common that just about any character/good guy/bad guy could have (and characters can possess multiple stances!). oh, and on that thought -- please indicate if your character is good or bad, so I know whether or not he will help or attack the main character! Smile
Back to top Go down
VonGrimmsy0
Gang Thug
VonGrimmsy0

PostSubject: Re: Something in the spirit...   Something in the spirit... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2014 8:12 am

Here are a few screens from areas I've been working on (and sorry for the size - I'm taking screens from my level editor's window) - the first is a soccer field, but can you guys identify where the other two come from...? xD

Something in the spirit... - Page 3 Baldyf11
Something in the spirit... - Page 3 Baldyf12
Something in the spirit... - Page 3 Baldyf13

and yeah -- as you can see, Baldy is fighting clones of himself. I can spawn them in to fight or mainly to test the area's integrity, but that's about all they are useful for at the moment (once we gets skills programmed in, these guys will be invaluable as punching bags lol).
Back to top Go down
Sorinkun
Gang Officer
Sorinkun

PostSubject: Re: Something in the spirit...   Something in the spirit... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2014 10:22 pm

I know where you did take inspiration but WTF is that tunnel in the last screen? It looks so weird (no offense)! And I hope you will improve the last screen because t looks so simple!

Back to top Go down
VonGrimmsy0
Gang Thug
VonGrimmsy0

PostSubject: Re: Something in the spirit...   Something in the spirit... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2014 3:14 pm

hey, no offense taken! these aren't necessarily finished yet (like I said - these are levels I'm still working on), but feedback is appreciated!

the 'tunnel' is actually an area transition -- it was sort of like this in RCR, but had power lines and buildings over it; as my area change doesn't lead to a place like that, I opted to leave it dark instead, so the player can't quite see where they're ending up xD

Mostly likely, I'll put the side of the purple building there or something, so it looks like an alleyway to the next area.

(also!! keep in mind that these are not the entire areas -- just screenshots of small sections!!)
Back to top Go down
SwordGrayFire
Gang Officer
SwordGrayFire

PostSubject: Re: Something in the spirit...   Something in the spirit... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 2:20 am

it looks good, the background where the bushes and Bulding is at needs a fix, it looks stretched. but im sure you can fix that Wink
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/TheKDkid1
VonGrimmsy0
Gang Thug
VonGrimmsy0

PostSubject: Re: Something in the spirit...   Something in the spirit... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 8:31 am

thanks for the feedback! those spots actually are stretched, due to me being lazy at the time I was adding backgrounds for this area haha ^^; but you're right, this is something I need to fix. O_O
Back to top Go down
GreatMasterFrank
Gang Thug
GreatMasterFrank

PostSubject: Re: Something in the spirit...   Something in the spirit... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 5:07 am

the screenshots looks okay, i hope you can put weapons like sticks, steel pipes, chains and more.
btw, are you gonna make this be able to play online?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/FrancoEchidna
Sorinkun
Gang Officer
Sorinkun

PostSubject: Re: Something in the spirit...   Something in the spirit... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 9:00 am

Franco wrote:
the screenshots looks okay, i hope you can put weapons like sticks, steel pipes, chains and more.
btw, are you gonna make this be able to play online?
Oa co-op/versus multiplayer mod would be awesome! But that needs lots of work and a server provider or something which isn't cheap... or Von can host it himself only if leaves his PC online hours and hours.
Back to top Go down
VonGrimmsy0
Gang Thug
VonGrimmsy0

PostSubject: Re: Something in the spirit...   Something in the spirit... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 10:18 am

there are tons of weapons already made actually; my programming friend is currently in the process of getting them put into the game's code so I can test them out. (and yes, I know the backgrounds may seem a little bare -- once we get weapons programmed in, they will be scattered around each area, as they should be! Smile)

I would like to make it playable online, but as Sorinkun said, it isn't very easy to do; one option me and my friend were thinking of is giving players the ability to host their own servers for a set amount of players, something like the way Minecraft or similar games do their multiplayer. Plus, there are certain aspects of the game (that I am not revealing just yet, but will in time) that make playing online a little troublesome -- but these are all issues I'll have to figure out and work around.

...because I seriously envisioned this game as an online RCR-like game from the start; so it is definitely something I will strongly work towards once we reach that point in it's development!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sorinkun
Gang Officer
Sorinkun

PostSubject: Re: Something in the spirit...   Something in the spirit... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2014 5:28 pm

VonGrimmsy0 wrote:
there are tons of weapons already made actually; my programming friend is currently in the process of getting them put into the game's code so I can test them out. (and yes, I know the backgrounds may seem a little bare -- once we get weapons programmed in, they will be scattered around each area, as they should be! Smile)

I would like to make it playable online, but as Sorinkun said, it isn't very easy to do; one option me and my friend were thinking of is giving players the ability to host their own servers for a set amount of players, something like the way Minecraft or similar games do their multiplayer. Plus, there are certain aspects of the game (that I am not revealing just yet, but will in time) that make playing online a little troublesome -- but these are all issues I'll have to figure out and work around.

...because I seriously envisioned this game as an online RCR-like game from the start; so it is definitely something I will strongly work towards once we reach that point in it's development!! Very Happy
If you manage to reach that part, I suggest making it like you said in your second paragraph and we can use Hamachi to play with friends because a lobby/server list its more time consumming.
Back to top Go down
VonGrimmsy0
Gang Thug
VonGrimmsy0

PostSubject: Re: Something in the spirit...   Something in the spirit... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 9:55 am

we'll just have to see when I get that far -- which will still be a long time away for now! xD
Back to top Go down
Danger
Gang Thug
Danger

PostSubject: Re: Something in the spirit...   Something in the spirit... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2015 1:32 am

Hey man you still alive? I really want to see your game when you release it Smile I hope you return with news soon Arrow
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/DANGEROVIDIU/videos?flow=grid&v
VonGrimmsy0
Gang Thug
VonGrimmsy0

PostSubject: Re: Something in the spirit...   Something in the spirit... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2015 3:58 am

Hey guys! Yep, I'm still here - just been busy with stuff (work mostly) recently.

Though in the the past few days I have had a chance to focus more on my game. I figured out a way to streamline my whole pixelart process (in regards to making characters for my game), so that's what I've been up to! I've even thrown in some other old-school brawler characters for good measure... xD

...and I see you didn't leave after all; that's good. Smile (and in regards to your last PM = sorry, no go with being busy and all; I will work on the characters as I have time to work around my own stuff~! ~_~)
Back to top Go down
Sorinkun
Gang Officer
Sorinkun

PostSubject: Re: Something in the spirit...   Something in the spirit... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2015 7:24 am

Oh, your back, cool! Can't wit to see more screenies from your game Smile.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Something in the spirit...   Something in the spirit... - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Something in the spirit...
Page 3 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Kunio-kun Community :: KKC Development Area :: The Project Center-
Jump to: