Kunio-kun Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kunio-kun Community

A forum dedicated to the Kunio-kun game series.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
ANNOUNCEMENT: Come join #KunioKun! Our own IRC Channel on irc.esper.net!
ANNOUNCEMENT: We are now on Steam as well! Come join us if you'd like: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/Kunio-kun
HEADS-UP: Join the ChatBox for some live... well... chatting! Just scroll down below on the forum front page!
ATTENTION! Forum address has been changed to kkgc.forumotion.com!
COMING UP: Forum rules update. A possible reputation system?

Something in the spirit...

Go down 
+3
SwordGrayFire
Danger
VonGrimmsy0
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Danger
Gang Thug
Danger

Something in the spirit... - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Something in the spirit...   Something in the spirit... - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2015 3:22 am

...I hope you are still alive and still working on the project...
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/DANGEROVIDIU/videos?flow=grid&v
VonGrimmsy0
Gang Thug
VonGrimmsy0

PostSubject: Re: Something in the spirit...   Something in the spirit... - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2015 6:28 am

Hey there! I'm still very much alive, just been stuck playing Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate on N3DS... a very addictive game, in my defense (added to the fact, that I've religiously played every Monster Hunter title ever released, including some of the Japanese-only titles O_O). That's been about 2 1/2 months past now, and I just got back to working on my project here -- but given the number of characters I have in my game (between 300-400, probably more; this is excluding monsters as well), it takes a bit of time to actually finish this stuff...

I have made some strides in progress recently, however. I'm about 99% done with NPC characters and their animations, and I've also finished a great deal of the 'bad guy' characters and their animations, as well as the main character's animations. So that's good, but there's ALWAYS MORE TO DO!!! @_@

I'll try to post some NPC's today possibly; and keep in mind, my today -- it is 11:21, noon-ish here, and I am just about to eat lunch... your timezone may vary. xD
Back to top Go down
Sorinkun
Gang Officer
Sorinkun

PostSubject: Re: Something in the spirit...   Something in the spirit... - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2015 7:15 am

My friend! Haven't seen you for a loong time!
Excellent news! Can't wait to play your game!
Back to top Go down
http://www.nkdc.forum-motion.com/
VonGrimmsy0
Gang Thug
VonGrimmsy0

PostSubject: Re: Something in the spirit...   Something in the spirit... - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2015 10:40 am

Well, I'd be lying if I said I didn't appreciate you guys keeping up with me; so thank you all for your collective anticipation! XD

Here are a few NPCs; generally, they will run from you if attacked - but some will stand their ground and fight you to the death! (You'll have to guess/experiment on which are which!)

Just included a single 'getting hit' animation for each one of them here~

Something in the spirit... - Page 4 ZxXmMDB

EDIT: weird, I can't include the .gif as an animated file now, only as an attachment that needs to be downloaded...? something change while I was away...? O_o

EDIT2: problem solved. Smile

EDIT3/4: seems the animation was running fast, and may be a little hard to see at such size -- so I enlarged it and slowed it down a bit... ^^;

Last edited by VonGrimmsy0 on Sun May 03, 2015 6:38 pm; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : stupid...FILE stuff...)
Back to top Go down
Danger
Gang Thug
Danger

PostSubject: Re: Something in the spirit...   Something in the spirit... - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2015 3:11 am

Hey, not bad!!!
Back to top Go down
Sorinkun
Gang Officer
Sorinkun

PostSubject: Re: Something in the spirit...   Something in the spirit... - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2015 8:17 am

Impressive!
Back to top Go down
VonGrimmsy0
Gang Thug
VonGrimmsy0

PostSubject: Re: Something in the spirit...   Something in the spirit... - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2015 8:59 am

Thanks, glad you guys like em. Smile Keep in mind though, these are just NPCs (i.e. - basically just citizens), and are only showing 1 'getting hit' animation each (of which, they have about 5 'getting hit' animations total; some have more/less). Also, I chose some of the more tame-looking characters, because I'm keeping the best secret for when the game is finished... ^^

Oh and another update on the programming end of things -- my friend is now working on the system I'll use to construct attacks/movement/special attacks within the game, so that'll be AWESOME to play with once it's finished! XD

And I'll try to record some gameplay videos when we reach that point (most likely of one guy getting bashed around like a punching bag as I test specials... mwahaha!)!! But I have a lot of animations and level-building to do in the meantime, so I'm off now to get to it! Smile
Back to top Go down
VonGrimmsy0
Gang Thug
VonGrimmsy0

PostSubject: Re: Something in the spirit...   Something in the spirit... - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2015 8:56 am

small update: I've started posting characters (with a little background on each) on my tumblr page once a day; check it out at arbitraryavenger.tumblr.com! Smile
Back to top Go down
VonGrimmsy0
Gang Thug
VonGrimmsy0

PostSubject: Re: Something in the spirit...   Something in the spirit... - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2015 6:09 pm

Ok so another update (and it's not the best of news actually, so be forewarned):

I haven't heard from my programming friend in about a month; it's uncharacteristic of him, and I'm a little worried, frankly... Being across the world from him, there's not much I can do to check on his well-being, and I haven't found any leads through social networking... So all I can do now is wait, and see when I hear back from him. -_-; Hoping he's a-okay, and I'm just being an over-reactive spaz. *fingers crossed*

Anyway, if the worst case scenario comes to fruition (he is incapacitated in some manner, or has just given up on the project), I will have to come up with another programmer... Which really sucks, because he had gotten a good chunk of the core programming completed... But it's not impossible, and I've already got someone willing to back me financially once this gets further along; I just need to get more done and show my financier that this thing is worth his money! >_< I'll keep everyone updated as the situation develops!

Also, I'll probably post my character updates here in addition to tumblr... Maybe I'll even post them here first, then to tumblr. Wink

And in closing, here are the past 5 guys I posted, and a size comparison chart that contains some minor spoilers... Very Happy (Sorry in advance for the size differences on the animations, I re-sized them for tumblr, when I later realized I didn't even need to -_-)

Something in the spirit... - Page 4 Tumblr_noh9ssvuGz1tjkxnho1_250
Something in the spirit... - Page 4 Tumblr_no7osufLJz1tjkxnho1_r1_250
Something in the spirit... - Page 4 Tumblr_no9s7sSALj1tjkxnho1_100
Something in the spirit... - Page 4 Tumblr_noanm0Nxaj1tjkxnho1_100
Something in the spirit... - Page 4 Tumblr_noconz255X1tjkxnho1_100
Something in the spirit... - Page 4 Tumblr_nofft51RAS1tjkxnho1_100
Something in the spirit... - Page 4 MYRvXWA
Something in the spirit... - Page 4 Tumblr_noixmxhRgK1tjkxnho1_75sq
Something in the spirit... - Page 4 Tumblr_nomtdpkeiE1tjkxnho1_75sq

Last edited by VonGrimmsy0 on Tue May 26, 2015 6:21 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added WTHITG #6 and #7, because reasons.)
Back to top Go down
Danger
Gang Thug
Danger

PostSubject: Re: Something in the spirit...   Something in the spirit... - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2015 9:56 pm

You done an great job so far so there is no way to give up, these images proves it.
Well all that is left to say is good luck I hope your buddy gets better...
Back to top Go down
Sorinkun
Gang Officer
Sorinkun

PostSubject: Re: Something in the spirit...   Something in the spirit... - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2015 10:51 pm

Pure awesomeness! You've got too far to give up. Now I wish you good luck and hope you receive an answer from your partner.
Please update us with any information regarding your project.
Back to top Go down
Danger
Gang Thug
Danger

PostSubject: Re: Something in the spirit...   Something in the spirit... - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2015 12:38 am

Have you thought of a name for your game? (If you already posted it you don't mind refresh my memory no? Smile )
Back to top Go down
VonGrimmsy0
Gang Thug
VonGrimmsy0

PostSubject: Re: Something in the spirit...   Something in the spirit... - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2015 3:19 am

Thanks for the support, guys. Very Happy

I will continue on, as I still have much work to do irregardless of the programming side; and besides what I have shown, there is yet even more integral pieces of the game that I am still keeping hidden -- because I'm seriously worried about people stealing it... (I'm fully confident the ideas I plan on implementing will turn the genre on it's head - in a good way!)

This is part of the reason I'm a little apprehensive about tumblr, honestly... ^_^;

Anyway, obviously I too hope my friend actually responds to me sometime soon, and I really hope he has just been too busy to check his email (or some other harmless outcome). But failing that, I will probably just hire somebody to program this thing -_-. And it sucks -- I've never even met the guy in person, we've been gaming buddies online for a around the past 2 years, started working on this enthusiastically as a labor of love, and the guy vanishes; eerie, very eerie. I just sincerely hope that he's okay! >_<

And as for a name, yeah -- I'm going with ARBIT so far (short for 'Arbitrary', or randomness/free will). It embodies the game perfectly, and that will become crystal clear as more is revealed. Smile

Thanks again guys. I'll keep all of you posted on my progress as I can!!
Back to top Go down
Sorinkun
Gang Officer
Sorinkun

PostSubject: Re: Something in the spirit...   Something in the spirit... - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2015 1:04 pm

Arbit...? :/ C'mon, you can think of a better name for this game. Maybe aomething related to Happy Hills?
Back to top Go down
VonGrimmsy0
Gang Thug
VonGrimmsy0

PostSubject: Re: Something in the spirit...   Something in the spirit... - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2015 6:25 am

Well... 'Arbit' has been the development name so far. It will very likely change by time the game is finished, but I've honestly got a ton of things to worry about at the moment, so the game's title is rather low on the list. ^^;

And 'Happy Hills' -- I'd be a little unsure about using, because it is only one area in the game (and it's actually a secret area as well hehe). As I work on (and post) more stuff, a clearer name should come to mind -- stay tuned! Smile

(will probably be posting something new today sometime!)
Back to top Go down
Danger
Gang Thug
Danger

PostSubject: Re: Something in the spirit...   Something in the spirit... - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2015 11:43 pm

I suggest you make a manual or something like that, because we cannot find all the secrets in it at random Smile hey I remembered you added my character right?
Back to top Go down
VonGrimmsy0
Gang Thug
VonGrimmsy0

PostSubject: Re: Something in the spirit...   Something in the spirit... - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2015 3:54 pm

....crap! Running through my sprite sheets, I'm not seeing him! I must've forgotten to add him when you sent it to me back then... Sorry! -_- No worries, I'll just have to make his animations and put them with the rest; it was the guy with spikey/white-streaked hair, right?

Oh and I thought of what to post (maybe tonight, probably tomorrow lol) - I'll just reveal one of the silhouettes from the 'size comparison' thingy I posted previously. xD

EDIT: Guess it'll be tonight - here's the picture!
Something in the spirit... - Page 4 TJ8wZW2
Oh and about secrets -- my game will be absolutely FULL of them! I'll drop hints for some, but others will rely on the player stumbling upon them through sheer luck. I'm a fan of that sort of thing, and these are just a few of a great big list of planned surprises. Seriously -- there will be a huge amount of random happenings in this game. Smile
Back to top Go down
Danger
Gang Thug
Danger

PostSubject: Re: Something in the spirit...   Something in the spirit... - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2015 4:30 pm

Ok, send me back the image so I can confirm it's my character.
Back to top Go down
Sorinkun
Gang Officer
Sorinkun

PostSubject: Re: Something in the spirit...   Something in the spirit... - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2015 5:48 pm

A hotdog outfit lol Smile
U rox m8 !
Back to top Go down
VonGrimmsy0
Gang Thug
VonGrimmsy0

PostSubject: Re: Something in the spirit...   Something in the spirit... - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2015 6:45 pm

@Sorinkun: haha, thanks! there are better ones than that... xD

@Danger: ...and now I can't find it. -_- The character you sent me had spikey hair (and a scar over one eye, I think...?) and a red shirt with blue jeans on (if I remember correctly, that is), and I can't quite remember the name; it's also absent from the message you had originally sent it to me in as well -- weird. O_O
Back to top Go down
Danger
Gang Thug
Danger

PostSubject: Re: Something in the spirit...   Something in the spirit... - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2015 9:23 pm

Yes you are right those are the characters....Hey I still got them on the site  Very Happy

Something in the spirit... - Page 4 1e7252

here is a new question, we will control only baldy or we can control other characters too?
Back to top Go down
VonGrimmsy0
Gang Thug
VonGrimmsy0

PostSubject: Re: Something in the spirit...   Something in the spirit... - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2015 3:52 am

Sweet, I'll do up their animations once I get home from work later (it's actually about 9:00 AM on my end of existence, currently lol).

So far, Baldy will be the only playable character (there are reasons for this within the story, which I'll explain later); I had also entertained the idea of letting him have followers, ala the RCR remake for GBA... Smile
Back to top Go down
VonGrimmsy0
Gang Thug
VonGrimmsy0

PostSubject: Re: Something in the spirit...   Something in the spirit... - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2015 4:24 pm

And there we go:

Something in the spirit... - Page 4 XloMGt3 An animation of Jake getting hit.

And thanks again for letting me use your characters. Smile

EDIT: Earlier I was trying to think of a clever way to introduce another silhouetted character from the size comparisons thingy; well I think I found it -- meet 'Buttercup'. Because every brawler needs a guy that grabs you by the head. xD

Something in the spirit... - Page 4 O2OqnjV
Back to top Go down
Danger
Gang Thug
Danger

PostSubject: Re: Something in the spirit...   Something in the spirit... - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2015 8:53 pm

no problem...hey I think I already asked you but how many characters do you have in the game by now?
Back to top Go down
VonGrimmsy0
Gang Thug
VonGrimmsy0

PostSubject: Re: Something in the spirit...   Something in the spirit... - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2015 9:29 pm

Just about 300 I believe... and that number is steadily increasing as I have more ideas. O_O
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Something in the spirit...   Something in the spirit... - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Something in the spirit...
Page 4 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Kunio-kun Community :: KKC Development Area :: The Project Center-
Jump to: