Kunio-kun Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kunio-kun Community

A forum dedicated to the Kunio-kun game series.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
ANNOUNCEMENT: Come join #KunioKun! Our own IRC Channel on irc.esper.net!
ANNOUNCEMENT: We are now on Steam as well! Come join us if you'd like: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/Kunio-kun
HEADS-UP: Join the ChatBox for some live... well... chatting! Just scroll down below on the forum front page!
ATTENTION! Forum address has been changed to kkgc.forumotion.com!
COMING UP: Forum rules update. A possible reputation system?

Something in the spirit...

Go down 
+3
SwordGrayFire
Danger
VonGrimmsy0
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
AuthorMessage
Sorinkun
Gang Officer
Sorinkun

Something in the spirit... - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Something in the spirit...   Something in the spirit... - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 06, 2017 6:03 pm

You are right for most of the part but not entirely, I'd say.
in my opinion, that nostalgia feel which seems to be defended , as you said, I agree with that considering it's RCR's sequel and has to remain true to the original in terms of "hardcoreness" and somewhat bring memories for those who played the original, not only for the story but gameplay as well. I am active on RCRU's general discussion page, mostly as viewer so I confirm your talks.

Regarding the game itself, yes, its far from perfect indeed. Only problem with A.I. is that the dodge weapons thrown at them 100% of the time but not if you keep throwing, in the case of rocks and snowballs. About them feeling like robots... I don't really think so. In fact, you are half right at this; military and men in black A.I. are really robot-like and I hate fighting them.

With that being said, I look forward to your game.
Back to top Go down
http://www.nkdc.forum-motion.com/
VonGrimmsy0
Gang Thug
VonGrimmsy0

PostSubject: Re: Something in the spirit...   Something in the spirit... - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 07, 2017 1:36 am

Heh, I lurk around those threads as well; RCR:U was actually my first Steam purchase! Smile

Well at this point, the game can only improve; I just wish they had actually put in more time ironing out all those bugs before release. We are three patches in since last night, so at least this shows there are positive steps being made towards that end...

And I probably should've prefaced my posts with the fact that I haven't beaten the game just yet; I don't play too much, because all of the issues frustrate me and I'm waiting for them to be fixed before going on. The AI's constant input reading pisses me off to no end as well~ (like the synchronized jump you touched on)

But now I'm just beating a dead horse... Evil or Very Mad /rant over

I hope to avoid these issues (just like I'm sure their team would've hoped to) by rigorous testing once my game gets farther along. While I don't have the support of a powerhouse company like Million backing me, I also don't have that same company and/or Kickstarter backers breathing down my neck - and pushing me to release a game before it's fully polished (which may/may not have been the case here).

Did any of you guys see the thing Bannon put up on Twitter? Something about making character mods for RCR:U? Being in China. I can't access it, but I just talked to him about it yesterday, and hopefully he will send it to me! If not, maybe someone should grab it and post it here for the community! Smile

EDIT: here it is!! someone should grab it and post it! Smile https://twitter.com/BannonRudis/status/836489292994101249
Back to top Go down
Sorinkun
Gang Officer
Sorinkun

PostSubject: Re: Something in the spirit...   Something in the spirit... - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 07, 2017 7:44 am

https://t.co/TSqQPkA5iJ

saved the link for later use.
Back to top Go down
VonGrimmsy0
Gang Thug
VonGrimmsy0

PostSubject: Re: Something in the spirit...   Something in the spirit... - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 07, 2017 4:55 pm

Could I possibly get one of you guys to grab the image from that link, and repost it here...? Because I can't access it at all here, and I'd love to make some custom characters.... ~_~
Back to top Go down
Sorinkun
Gang Officer
Sorinkun

PostSubject: Re: Something in the spirit...   Something in the spirit... - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 07, 2017 10:24 pm

here
Something in the spirit... - Page 7 File10
Back to top Go down
VonGrimmsy0
Gang Thug
VonGrimmsy0

PostSubject: Re: Something in the spirit...   Something in the spirit... - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 08, 2017 3:49 am

Awesome, it's much appreciated Sorin! Smile

This looks like it could be time-consuming to say the least... O_O
Back to top Go down
Sorinkun
Gang Officer
Sorinkun

PostSubject: Re: Something in the spirit...   Something in the spirit... - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 08, 2017 12:07 pm

Show us some stuff bout ur game.
Back to top Go down
VonGrimmsy0
Gang Thug
VonGrimmsy0

PostSubject: Re: Something in the spirit...   Something in the spirit... - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 09, 2017 4:25 am

EDIT: keep in mind - I made ALL of my characters prior to RCR:U even being a thing... Now that it's out, I almost feel obligated to include similar gangs! O_O (I already had a few that were the same, to be fair; I have a Lucha gang, for example)

Ok, so hopefully this works:
Something in the spirit... - Page 7 P110 (Abobohawk - a 'musclehead' type)
Something in the spirit... - Page 7 P210 (this guy is a living slime, called a 'chroma')
Something in the spirit... - Page 7 P310 (some random fat baddie)
Something in the spirit... - Page 7 P410 ('The Feastmaster', leader of a group called 'The Feastman')
Something in the spirit... - Page 7 P510 (a member of the 'Musicians' group, he uses an 'axe' (guitar))
Something in the spirit... - Page 7 P610 (another 'Musician' - he can buff his allies!)
Something in the spirit... - Page 7 P710 (a 'weapon-wielder', he never drops that machete unless he dies!)
Something in the spirit... - Page 7 P810 (no introduction necessary here, I hope!)
Something in the spirit... - Page 7 P910 (same for this guy! Who doesn't love Rowper?!)
Something in the spirit... - Page 7 P1010 (a 'boom-boxer', uses his stereo to attack!)
Something in the spirit... - Page 7 L111 (game's first area) (EDIT: the backgrounds are blank to allow 'day/night' skies!)
Something in the spirit... - Page 7 L211 (game's second area)

Rest assured, there is much MUCH more going on over here than these few things; for example, while not inherently 'good', NONE of these characters belong to the 'gangs' - and each of these characters will also have their own personalities (AI) in reaction to those gangs - they may even HELP YOU fight them! It's just a matter of getting it all programmed into my editing software as I'm handed the pieces (which is obviously QUITE time-consuming, given that I want to have like a million characters lol). That and making levels/areas... I... HATE... making areas. With a passion. I can get into the groove of it sometimes, but it usually just bugs me~

Anyway, I'll probably post some more things here incrementally as I finish them. Smile

And Sorin - I assume that was the original sheet Bannon uploaded to Twitter...? If so, that's discouraging; it being a .jpg (and what that entails for how it handles compression) instead of a .png has made it a waste of time to work on. Take a look at it if you haven't yet - it'd take ages just to clean it up, let alone start using it as a legitimate guideline. Sad (thanks for uploading, regardless though!!)
Back to top Go down
VonGrimmsy0
Gang Thug
VonGrimmsy0

PostSubject: Re: Something in the spirit...   Something in the spirit... - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 10, 2017 4:38 am

Here's a few more; mostly of the main character's special attacks~

Something in the spirit... - Page 7 P111 (Baldy using 'psionic' skill)
Something in the spirit... - Page 7 P211 (a 'psionic explosion')
Something in the spirit... - Page 7 P311 ('psionic fire')
Something in the spirit... - Page 7 P411 (disk-chain, ala Rygar)
Something in the spirit... - Page 7 P511 ('gunner stance', ala Contra)
Something in the spirit... - Page 7 P611 (shooting a bow)
Something in the spirit... - Page 7 P711 ('instant stand', ala Raiden of MK)
Something in the spirit... - Page 7 P811 ('magic hammer' smash)
Something in the spirit... - Page 7 P911 ('celebration' emote/putting on shades)
Something in the spirit... - Page 7 P1011 (one of many food mascots!)

I should also clarify something from my last post - I have no intentions of stealing ideas from RCR:U or anything like that, I just think I am lacking in certain areas for gang representation; for example, I already had Luchas, Karate guys, Agents, and more - those are some of the things RCR:U also has... But I'm missing some of the others, such as Nerds, and Bombers (I DO have Greasers though, which are Bombers by another name for the most part~).

I'll eventually reveal my whole gang list at some point in the future; yet as I mentioned in the last post, the gangs AREN'T the only threat in my game; normal citizens/random baddies could take a liking/disliking to you depending on how you treat them, and there will be actual MONSTERS in my game as well! Smile
Back to top Go down
ryuuji
Gang Thug
ryuuji

PostSubject: Re: Something in the spirit...   Something in the spirit... - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 11, 2017 4:00 am

Your making this stuff so that if they allowed to open RCRU file you can put these things in?

Also does anyone really know howto taunt? Not fist bump but a taunt? I'm seeing online characters do the taunt like the one when you got hit with dirty fighter's sand and get stunned.
Back to top Go down
VonGrimmsy0
Gang Thug
VonGrimmsy0

PostSubject: Re: Something in the spirit...   Something in the spirit... - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 11, 2017 11:58 am

No, actually - I've been working on my own game several years before RCR:U was even on Kickstarter... You should probably just read the first page of the thread if you want details.

I don't know how to taunt in their game either; and in the future, please don't hijack my thread to talk about RCR:U, I've pretty much sworn it off at present until they iron out more of the bugs in it...

EDIT: sorry if that came off harsh, but that game gets me salty in general >_<
Back to top Go down
ryuuji
Gang Thug
ryuuji

PostSubject: Re: Something in the spirit...   Something in the spirit... - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 11, 2017 8:53 pm

No worries, I'm looking forward to your game. Hopefully you would be successful

What is the name of this game your're making, is it more similar to RCRU or Nekketsu?
Back to top Go down
VonGrimmsy0
Gang Thug
VonGrimmsy0

PostSubject: Re: Something in the spirit...   Something in the spirit... - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 12, 2017 7:02 am

Thanks, it's been a long time coming... ~_~ It's only two people including me and the programmer, and we are working with an ocean between us and in opposing time zones; thus the amount of latency between us getting anything done... *sigh* But at least it will get done at some point. If I had a fraction of RCR:U's funding, I'd have completed several games by now! >_<

The game's name is rather irrelevant, and not set in stone at this point... The gameplay will closely resemble RCR2 for SNES, more than anything; though my game will have a MUCH heavier RPG flavoring in some parts, and will feature many different game modes other than the standard 'beat-em-up' mode!

I'll probably post some city-building pieces here later today if I get a chance; anyone who's interested in helping out should keep an eye out!
Back to top Go down
ryuuji
Gang Thug
ryuuji

PostSubject: Re: Something in the spirit...   Something in the spirit... - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 12, 2017 6:24 pm

I would love to help, but I can't do programming and stuff plus I have school so I'm busy.

But, I can help you out with some ideas about the game like characters and stuff, you name it.
Back to top Go down
Sorinkun
Gang Officer
Sorinkun

PostSubject: Re: Something in the spirit...   Something in the spirit... - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 16, 2017 4:10 pm

Good stuff you got there, mate!
Hope to see a video sometime...

Back to top Go down
Danger
Gang Thug
Danger

PostSubject: Re: Something in the spirit...   Something in the spirit... - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 19, 2017 3:53 pm

Will the game be finished in 2018?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/DANGEROVIDIU/videos?flow=grid&v
Sorinkun
Gang Officer
Sorinkun

PostSubject: Re: Something in the spirit...   Something in the spirit... - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 19, 2017 4:55 pm

I was reading the first three pages of this topic and, oh boy, you progressed a lot.
Dorin those years we still haven't seen a video Sad
Back to top Go down
ryuuji
Gang Thug
ryuuji

PostSubject: Re: Something in the spirit...   Something in the spirit... - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 25, 2017 5:06 pm

He might be busy right now, but I believe in him.
Back to top Go down
ryuuji
Gang Thug
ryuuji

PostSubject: Re: Something in the spirit...   Something in the spirit... - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 01, 2017 7:13 am

I really wish Jidaigeki has english translation now so i can understand it better. I love how all the moves in every kunio games were combined in this game.
Back to top Go down
Sorinkun
Gang Officer
Sorinkun

PostSubject: Re: Something in the spirit...   Something in the spirit... - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 07, 2017 4:28 pm

yep
i want too
Back to top Go down
Danger
Gang Thug
Danger

PostSubject: Re: Something in the spirit...   Something in the spirit... - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 08, 2017 8:49 am

The Rcru experts wants to make a translations.
But why do you say that in this topic?
You wanna get ban? What a Face
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/DANGEROVIDIU/videos?flow=grid&v
ryuuji
Gang Thug
ryuuji

PostSubject: Re: Something in the spirit...   Something in the spirit... - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 08, 2017 6:58 pm

this and the RCRU topic is the only one that is alive so XD. But i really wish they going to do it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Something in the spirit...   Something in the spirit... - Page 7 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Something in the spirit...
Page 7 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Kunio-kun Community :: KKC Development Area :: The Project Center-
Jump to: