Kunio-kun Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kunio-kun Community

A forum dedicated to the Kunio-kun game series.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
ANNOUNCEMENT: Come join #KunioKun! Our own IRC Channel on irc.esper.net!
ANNOUNCEMENT: We are now on Steam as well! Come join us if you'd like: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/Kunio-kun
HEADS-UP: Join the ChatBox for some live... well... chatting! Just scroll down below on the forum front page!
ATTENTION! Forum address has been changed to kkgc.forumotion.com!
COMING UP: Forum rules update. A possible reputation system?

Something in the spirit...

Go down 
+3
SwordGrayFire
Danger
VonGrimmsy0
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
VonGrimmsy0
Gang Thug
VonGrimmsy0

Something in the spirit... - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Something in the spirit...   Something in the spirit... - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2015 2:26 pm

True, that - I don't have Co-op (my programmer friend insists he can do it, but I have a solid reason for making Baldy work alone; maybe we'll add it in a later update..?); but my game WILL have various multiplayer capabilities, albeit nontraditional ones... ^_^;

Yet, while my game may offer a similar gameplay experience to RCR and these sorts of games, the two are only similar - there are a few relatively huge chunks of my game that make it totally different that I haven't touched on yet -- as I said and keep saying, much of this info I'm trying to keep quiet about until I get more finished~!

I really feel you guys will enjoy the surprise when you see the finished (or semi-finished) product. Smile

(all that said, trust me in this -- I intend to purchase and play the living HELL out of RCR: U when it is released, so maybe we can all group up and crack a couple of skulls; I have been and always will be a fan of those games first and foremost, as my game wouldn't have ever been possible without their inspiration!! ^_^)
Back to top Go down
Sorinkun
Gang Officer
Sorinkun

PostSubject: Re: Something in the spirit...   Something in the spirit... - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2015 2:15 pm

Anything new?
Maybe you can actually crack the game so we can play without buying it :3 . I'd buy it but my parrents wont let me...
Back to top Go down
http://www.nkdc.forum-motion.com/
Danger
Gang Thug
Danger

PostSubject: Re: Something in the spirit...   Something in the spirit... - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2015 1:58 pm

Baiatu' mamii Laughing
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/DANGEROVIDIU/videos?flow=grid&v
Sorinkun
Gang Officer
Sorinkun

PostSubject: Re: Something in the spirit...   Something in the spirit... - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2015 2:12 pm

ce pro prost
Back to top Go down
VonGrimmsy0
Gang Thug
VonGrimmsy0

PostSubject: Re: Something in the spirit...   Something in the spirit... - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2015 4:41 pm

hey guys; nothing new on my end really, I'm actually taking a break on the project right now (unfortunately -_-), because my programming friend has become a ghost -- AGAIN.

but deviantart became unblocked here recently, so I've been pretty active posting stuff from my side project there... XD

and while I am unsure of the rules of the forum here (some frown upon discussing cracks, etc.), I do know that cracked stuff can be pretty easy to find, and I'm fairly certain you can find just about anything on certain torrent sites... Wink

that being said, I will being be buying the game when it releases. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
VonGrimmsy0
Gang Thug
VonGrimmsy0

PostSubject: Re: Something in the spirit...   Something in the spirit... - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2015 4:43 pm

back again~!

my programming friend just emailed me the other day, and he tells me that the next piece of our project's game/level creation software should be done by the end of next week! keeping my fingers crossed that he can deliver it on time; regardless, it's awesome to hear from him, and know that he is still working on this thing~!

will update as I can on how things go. once I have the updated software in my hands, I'll be super busy, and I'll have a lot more to share with you guys~! xD
Back to top Go down
Sorinkun
Gang Officer
Sorinkun

PostSubject: Re: Something in the spirit...   Something in the spirit... - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2015 1:49 pm

Cool! Right now, how much of the game is done? Percent?
Back to top Go down
VonGrimmsy0
Gang Thug
VonGrimmsy0

PostSubject: Re: Something in the spirit...   Something in the spirit... - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2015 7:22 pm

hmm that's tough to say; as far as content I am responsible for (artwork and animations), I'd say maybe somewhere around 50% is done - and that already includes a ton of stuff~ O_O

but one other section of the game (which would be contributing around another 25~30% or so to the whole) is going to require yet another update of the software, as it involves changing the way the game is viewed/played pretty drastically...

so, there's still a fair bit of messing around to do; and all I can do is plug in the art I have as I am handed the pieces from my programmer. ~_~

but it WILL get done. eventually. you can count on that much. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
VonGrimmsy0
Gang Thug
VonGrimmsy0

PostSubject: Re: Something in the spirit...   Something in the spirit... - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2016 9:27 am

small update: my programmer handed off the updated software to me a few days ago, and I can now add and play as different characters, as well as fill out their move sets! so, now begins the arduous process of making sure every one of the 400+ characters has whatever animations they need (and at a minimum, every character that fights needs at least 22 animations that serve as 'the basics', such as getting hit, jumping, etc.), then lining up those animations with hit-boxes to make sure they work right, then test test testing~!

needless to say, I'll be quite busy for the foreseeable future. and hurrah, because I'm actually working on my game more. and THAT means it's closer to getting done. XD

will update more as time/life/progress allows~! ^_^
Back to top Go down
Danger
Gang Thug
Danger

PostSubject: Re: Something in the spirit...   Something in the spirit... - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2016 2:01 am

hope until 2017
Back to top Go down
Danger
Gang Thug
Danger

PostSubject: Re: Something in the spirit...   Something in the spirit... - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2016 10:24 pm

VonGrimmsy0000000000000000000000000
Back to top Go down
Danger
Gang Thug
Danger

PostSubject: Re: Something in the spirit...   Something in the spirit... - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2016 1:24 am

Will your game be released until I die?
Back to top Go down
VonGrimmsy0
Gang Thug
VonGrimmsy0

PostSubject: Re: Something in the spirit...   Something in the spirit... - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2016 1:59 am

yo, I'm still alive! I've been very busy (as usual~) with work, being a husband, being a dad, and all that stuff; I've also been quite busy working on my game, and have a great many characters (all townies, so far) done. My programming friend has been helping me with small, constant updates to our software, so things ARE rolling ahead on the game...

Just takes time, man -- there's seriously a TON of stuff to do to get this thing finished, but going at the speed we are now (though I know it doesn't seem like much from an outside view) it shouldn't take too much longer to get something playable done. I HOPE before 2017, and that's my goal -- but it could be going into next year, depending on how life/time goes for me and my friend! ~_~

curious - does anyone here know of software that can make small movie clips of my desktop...? (in .AVI, or hopefully, .GIF format) the reason I ask, is because I'd like to make animations to show you guys, but I don't want to hand-animate everything when I already have a game engine working that I can show you guys (to some extent!).
Back to top Go down
Danger
Gang Thug
Danger

PostSubject: Re: Something in the spirit...   Something in the spirit... - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2016 11:45 am

for avi http://www.bandicam.com/downloads/BDCAMSETUP_ENG.EXE.php?target=ca
for gif http://www.mediafire.com/download/wfmjd3myfkmqf73/ScreenToGif1.4.2.zip

hope is worth the waiting
Back to top Go down
VonGrimmsy0
Gang Thug
VonGrimmsy0

PostSubject: Re: Something in the spirit...   Something in the spirit... - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2016 3:27 pm

sweet, I'll try those out - thanks!

and I think it'll be worth the wait, there's a ton of content and that's why it takes longer! ^_^ I've already added Ace and Jake as well! Any special attacks you had in mind for them...? I can easily give them the 'Dragon Foot' or 'Stone Hands' skills ala RCR or something similar~ Smile
Back to top Go down
Danger
Gang Thug
Danger

PostSubject: Re: Something in the spirit...   Something in the spirit... - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2016 12:49 am

I hope there can be at least 3 skills per character like in kd, so:
Ace
Stone Hands
Transform (copy another character face looks and skills)
Bakuretsu (Mash "kick" as you land)
Jake
Human Drill (kd skill)
Mach Chop
Slap Happy
look here to see them (showed in order) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITK9E5OFysM&feature=youtu.be
Back to top Go down
VonGrimmsy0
Gang Thug
VonGrimmsy0

PostSubject: Re: Something in the spirit...   Something in the spirit... - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2016 2:21 am

I can actually give them as many attacks as I feel like - we will go for 3 each for now, and I can always add more later! Smile

unfortunately, I can't access youtube here in China, so I can't see them in action; but I DO remember what a few of those you listed look like!

not sure how 'Transform' would work just yet (because I don't have a method of changing the whole character - though I am 100% sure my programmer could make it happen~), but I can make it, still. Is there any kind of graphic effect before/during the change??? The more details you can provide for each attack, the better I can make it!

oh yeah, and I got ScreenToGif and tried to make a short clip:
Something in the spirit... - Page 6 BpkTup8
(and for some reason, it seems that the image hosting site completely screwed up the colors for the .gif once uploaded - please disregard, the graphics/colors don't actually look warped in-game O_O)
Back to top Go down
Danger
Gang Thug
Danger

PostSubject: Re: Something in the spirit...   Something in the spirit... - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2016 7:18 pm

look here: http://giphy.com/embed/l2JJoWHJHB0nmM81y
if not give me your qq number
Back to top Go down
Sorinkun
Gang Officer
Sorinkun

PostSubject: Re: Something in the spirit...   Something in the spirit... - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2016 12:24 pm

I belive in this site too.
Still waiting for VonG's game and RCRU.
Back to top Go down
William0918
Gang Thug
William0918

PostSubject: Re: Something in the spirit...   Something in the spirit... - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2016 6:03 am

WRYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Danger
Gang Thug
Danger

PostSubject: Re: Something in the spirit...   Something in the spirit... - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2016 11:33 pm

retat copilu...
Back to top Go down
VonGrimmsy0
Gang Thug
VonGrimmsy0

PostSubject: Re: Something in the spirit...   Something in the spirit... - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 03, 2017 3:43 am

Woah, I guess I've been away for quite some time, eh? And DAMN Danger, stop trying to do bicycle kicks irl! But seriously, hope your arm feels better! Smile

I've been busy with life, work, making the game, and YES, STILL MAKING IT! I have so many things in this game, guys... And now that I've bought/played RCR:Underground, I can say with 10000% confidence that I have more unique characters than they do. I have quite a few areas as well, but still need more - and now I'm beginning to think I should actively enlist the help of this very forum here!

I was thinking, maybe I could put together a pack of pixel objects/buildings/etc. that I've made for city building, and load it up here for whomever wants to contribute. I can give you guys some basic guidelines for street sizes, and draw whatever else may be needed - using my own art is of the highest importance, due to legal reasons! Credit would be given, as well as monetary compensation commensurate to work provided (though the second will obviously wait until completion).

Could be a fun (and productive) way to kill time for anyone here - who's interested??? ^_^

ps) I'll be following this post with a review of RCR:U!
Back to top Go down
VonGrimmsy0
Gang Thug
VonGrimmsy0

PostSubject: Re: Something in the spirit...   Something in the spirit... - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 03, 2017 4:08 am

EDIT: it may go without saying, but there are some spoilers (sort of) below - you've been warned!

...and thanks for still sticking around guys. Believe me when I say, I'm the kind of person who remembers these things. Wink

I'll be uploading a great deal of things here in the coming days, so keep your eyes on this thread if you guys are yet curious - RCR:U is out, and there's no reason for the continued secrecy I believe. Smile

And about RCR:U!!! Whew, she's a doozy. In short: Graphics and animations are TOP-notch, music is rocking, but gameplay leaves much to be desired.... (they're already 2 patches deep, too...) *deep breath* Here goes...

So upon starting RCR:U, we're met with a nostalgic replay of the old RCR game's conclusion - Alex and/or Ryan going to RC High to finish Slick and the final bosses leading up to him. This was pretty cool as an intro, and also serves as a tutorial of sorts to get players into the new systems. For example, there are buttons for everything now - a button for jump, kick, punch, block, eating food, and grab. Grabbing at an enemy and missing leaves you wide open to counterattacks (I.e. 'grab whiffing'), and blocking in the wrong direction obviously does nothing. There's also a button for special moves - yet while these modern improvements sound great (and indeed, most are in theory), they are VERY poorly implemented.

For example, most grab moves are totally underwhelming, and can be broken by other enemies attacking you as you manhandle their friend; thus making the additional punishment of whiffing seem a bit much. Tack on the fact that most grapplers are slow and useless at anything but grappling, and you have a recipe for these characters being pushed aside for others (which is already happening - ask anyone if they enjoy playing as Mike or Rudy). And special moves are tied to a gauge, to avoid being spammed - yet most specials DO NOT WORK as intended, even with correct input. It's like the game doesn't recognize the move being used, or arbitrarily chooses when to do so... The 'moves list' is totally glitched and incorrect as well, so good luck even figuring out those specials you bought!

Enemy AI is at the height of cheese in many ways, as they take targeted steps to completely dodge your specials, prick you with tiny attacks to prevent you launching specials, and generally 'hover' around your character like Apache helicopters; seriously, you need to full-on RUN at people to get in a hit half the time, as they 'hover' and backpedal from your pathetic combo attempts. It's also quite silly to see them just RUN straight backwards - no joke, it's the silliest thing I've seen, that these guys can jog backwards when they feel the need to cheese dodge... ~_~ Oh, and there are upwards of 12 characters on screen at any time - total chaos.

And don't even get me started on the 'chase' and 'milk fetch' quests; neither has a place in an RCR game, and the fans have resoundingly made this opinion heard. Just check out the Steam community threads for topics on either, and you'll see what I mean. To top it all off, saving progress in Multiplayer games doesn't work at all for most people right now... -_-

But -- minus all the above and a few other things I know I'm forgetting at this very moment -- it DOES have its fun moments. I mean, it's an RCR game. Yet I can't help but feel that the programmers/rest of the team were riding on the coat tails of Mr. Rudis' exceptional art skills. Because I fail to believe they tested this game anywhere NEAR as much as they claimed for having been in development for 3+ years... It seems more like they rushed it out the door, because backers were getting pissed. I don't even know how many times they pushed back the release - time after time for Quality Assurance... I'd be pissed too if I invested in it, yet for ¥54 (about $9) I can't really complain.

I just wish. it. went. differently. ~_~ I had such high hopes for this game.
Back to top Go down
Sorinkun
Gang Officer
Sorinkun

PostSubject: Re: Something in the spirit...   Something in the spirit... - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 05, 2017 8:35 pm

The game is perfectly as it is without the milk mission.
It has some flaws but they will be fixed.
Back to top Go down
VonGrimmsy0
Gang Thug
VonGrimmsy0

PostSubject: Re: Something in the spirit...   Something in the spirit... - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 06, 2017 2:13 am

That milk mission is a breeze with 3 players (using the area transfer trick), but it's so out of place... More than a few things in this game feel like that.

And while I maintain that it's a fun game for what it currently is, and that we're both entitled to our opinions, I'd say calling it 'perfect' in any sense is highly misleading; they shoved that game out the door with a host of bugs (the multiplayer save bug, in particular, being of HUGE concern for a game that boasts multiplayer - yet still not fixed so far within their first 2 updates). It's like they did minimal QA testing, or none at all because they were so far past deadline~

But we'll see how it goes - I still wholeheartedly believe that they were riding on the back of Bannon's pixel art and a healthy wave of nostalgia. And I personally think it's very unhealthy for us, as fans, to be blinded by that nostalgia and defend something based on old timey feel-goods alone - bad things need to be held to the light, just as good things do. It's the only way to improve things, really.

There's also this ridiculous notion I see floating around on the Steam threads, that people who haven't played the original RCR don't possess the 'gaming cred' to criticize this game - its astounding how silly us gamers can be, and every time I see this kind of crap I shake my head in shame; because it's rampant fanboy-ism, just for the sake of itself. I've seen many (most) arguments on the thread come to a point, that people blatantly shout down valid criticisms just to defend nostalgia. It's moments like this that can help define the gaming community in a more positive light, but fanboys on either side just toss crap into the water... *sigh*

That's my take on it, fwiw~ *shrugs*

I honestly think NKD's combat engine blows RCR:U's away; the new systems feel disjointed, too 'Street Fightery', not properly fleshed out, and the enemies all feel like robots (especially how they 'hover'), totally lacking in personality, regardless of how great their animations may look.

But again - this is mostly 'opinions'. Wink

ps) will probably post some of my game stuff later today! ^_^
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Something in the spirit...   Something in the spirit... - Page 6 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Something in the spirit...
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Kunio-kun Community :: KKC Development Area :: The Project Center-
Jump to: