Kunio-kun Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kunio-kun Community

A forum dedicated to the Kunio-kun game series.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
ANNOUNCEMENT: Come join #KunioKun! Our own IRC Channel on irc.esper.net!
ANNOUNCEMENT: We are now on Steam as well! Come join us if you'd like: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/Kunio-kun
HEADS-UP: Join the ChatBox for some live... well... chatting! Just scroll down below on the forum front page!
ATTENTION! Forum address has been changed to kkgc.forumotion.com!
COMING UP: Forum rules update. A possible reputation system?

#KunioKun - The official IRC channel of the community

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
HellKnight18XXL
The Gang Leader
HellKnight18XXL

#KunioKun - The official IRC channel of the community Empty
PostSubject: #KunioKun - The official IRC channel of the community   #KunioKun - The official IRC channel of the community I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2014 1:20 pm

Alright people how's it going? HK18 here with a tutorial on IRC Client programs.

Okay, now since last time people really didn't give a shit about this (minus some people), I decided to write up a tutorial or sorts. So I want you (yes you) to read below and learn how to use an IRC client. Let's get to it then, shall we?

Hey asshole! What in the bloody hell does IRC mean?! And why should I use it?!

Nice of you to ask! IRC stands for Internet Relay Chat (IRC for short). They're programs/applications/add-ons that you can install on your operating system/browser/smartphone. IRC is designed for group communications, but it allows private messaging, data/text/file transfer as well as file sharing.

Why you should use it? Because it's really easy to use! It's like the easiest thing to use ever! It doesn't take that much of your HDD to install one. They're small programs/applications/add-ons. What's even better? Most of them are cross-platform! That means you can use them on Windows, Linux, Mac and so on.

If you want more detailed information about IRC check out the link below:
Internet Relay Chat

Alright! You convinced me! Where do I get them AND how do I install AND use them?! Which ones do you use?!

I was getting to that point right now! There are various IRC Clients out there! Some are free and for some of them you have to pay to use them. Down below I will mention only the most popular ones or the ones that I've used in the past.

What IRC Clients I use: NetTalk, ChatZilla and AndChat

ChatZilla - Add-On for Mozilla FireFox.
HexChat - XChat fork. It's also free.
HydraIRC - Open-source IRC client with an attractive and easy to use interface.
IceChat - Frosty IRC client!
Mibbit - Free Web based IRC client.
mIRC - Free trial, you need to buy it after the trial.
NetTalk - Easiest IRC Client to use.
Opera - The Opera web browser has a built-in IRC Client.
WeeChat - A fast, light and extensible IRC chat client

These are the desktop clients. Now I will continue with the mobile clients.

Android
AndChat - While there are many IRC Clients for Android based devices... I found AndChat to be the best one, so it's only natural that I recommend it!

iOS
I don't own an iPhone, iPod (newer versions) nor an iPad. You will have to find one for yourself.

Windows Mobile
Same I don't own any device which has Windows 8 on it.

NetTalk tutorial:

Alright people, here I will show you how to join a server/channel using NetTalk. You can get the program in the link above in this same post.

Now once you downloaded it, start it up and look for this icon (it's in the left upper corner):

#KunioKun - The official IRC channel of the community VNvRarf

Click on it and a new window should open up:

#KunioKun - The official IRC channel of the community T2KqbQz

In this window the only important thing to you is IP or server name. You are going to type in that box the following: irc.esper.net

Click next, another window will pop up:

#KunioKun - The official IRC channel of the community KTTueKC

The only real important things in this window are Nick-name and Password. Choose your nickname and password, then click next again which will open up the final window:

#KunioKun - The official IRC channel of the community ViFyLaM

Here you type various commands that NetTalk can execute upon joining a server. Right now you will only need to type this in that big box: $join #KunioKun

Click complete and EsperNet should launch and you should find yourself in the Kunio-kun channel! That's it! You've joined your first IRC channel yay!

ChatZilla tutorial:

Now it's time to learn how to join a server/channel using FireFox's add-on IRC Client, ChatZilla! Get the add-on in the link above, which is in this same thread, install it and we shall get started.

We first start by enabling your Menu Bar in FireFox (if you already have it enabled, then skip this part). Right click on the top part of FireFox, a info box should show up. In that box you will look for Menu Bar. Click on it and the Menu Bar should appear on the top half of FireFox.

Now onto the ChatZilla tutorial. Once you got the Menu Bar, look for Tools (it's located between Bookmarks and Help), once you got it click on it. Something like this should show up:

#KunioKun - The official IRC channel of the community FKSpGbp

Click on ChatZilla. A new window will open up:

#KunioKun - The official IRC channel of the community GowPKQw

This is ChatZilla's main window. Here you can change your nickname by clicking on the box under *client* (for me it's Xian because that's the nick I use when I'm using ChatZilla). A new info box will show up and you will click on Change nickname... You can type in your new nickname in the window that will pop up. Now for the channel/server stuff you will now look for the IRC tab:

#KunioKun - The official IRC channel of the community S7Syzg1

Click on it and then click on Join Channel (or just CTRL + J to open it up) which will open up yet another window:

#KunioKun - The official IRC channel of the community WacWahy

In here you will input exactly what is shown in the screenshot. If you're done then press Join.

Now it will connect you to EsperNet, but not to #KunioKun. Do no freak out! You have to open the Join Channel window again (CTRL + J) and in the Channel box type: #KunioKun

Click Join and it should allow you to join #KunioKun.

AndChat tutorial:
Coming soon to a tutorial shop near you!

Last edited by HellKnight18XXL on Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:59 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Added NetTalk tutorial / Added ChatZilla tutorial)
Back to top Go down
Sorinkun
Gang Officer
Sorinkun

PostSubject: Re: #KunioKun - The official IRC channel of the community   #KunioKun - The official IRC channel of the community I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2014 1:27 pm

I didn't know Opera has a built-in IRC client! Thanks a lot!
Back to top Go down
http://www.nkdc.forum-motion.com/
LeotheMage
Gang Thug
LeotheMage

PostSubject: Re: #KunioKun - The official IRC channel of the community   #KunioKun - The official IRC channel of the community I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2014 9:01 pm

Also, you should probably put this link here on your post to start people off with a few basic IRC commands:
http://www.ircbeginner.com/ircinfo/ircc-commands.html
Back to top Go down
HellKnight18XXL
The Gang Leader
HellKnight18XXL

PostSubject: Re: #KunioKun - The official IRC channel of the community   #KunioKun - The official IRC channel of the community I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2014 8:08 pm

Hey lads, I've added the NetTalk tutorial! Be sure to follow it carefully! But please do ask for help here in this thread or you can PM me as well! Don't be shy, I won't bite! Wink
Back to top Go down
HellKnight18XXL
The Gang Leader
HellKnight18XXL

PostSubject: Re: #KunioKun - The official IRC channel of the community   #KunioKun - The official IRC channel of the community I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2014 9:00 pm

Alright the ChatZilla tutorial is also online! Enjoy!
Back to top Go down
Danger
Gang Thug
Danger

PostSubject: Re: #KunioKun - The official IRC channel of the community   #KunioKun - The official IRC channel of the community I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2014 10:16 pm

I've installed NetTalk but I can't find anyone (I mean kkgc members)
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/DANGEROVIDIU/videos?flow=grid&v
HellKnight18XXL
The Gang Leader
HellKnight18XXL

PostSubject: Re: #KunioKun - The official IRC channel of the community   #KunioKun - The official IRC channel of the community I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2014 10:38 pm

Did you follow what I've said in the tutorial?
Back to top Go down
Danger
Gang Thug
Danger

PostSubject: Re: #KunioKun - The official IRC channel of the community   #KunioKun - The official IRC channel of the community I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2014 3:02 am

You're right I just found it, thanks.

Last edited by DANGER X on Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/DANGEROVIDIU/videos?flow=grid&v
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: #KunioKun - The official IRC channel of the community   #KunioKun - The official IRC channel of the community I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

#KunioKun - The official IRC channel of the community
Page 1 of 1