Kunio-kun Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kunio-kun Community

A forum dedicated to the Kunio-kun game series.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
ANNOUNCEMENT: Come join #KunioKun! Our own IRC Channel on irc.esper.net!
ANNOUNCEMENT: We are now on Steam as well! Come join us if you'd like: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/Kunio-kun
HEADS-UP: Join the ChatBox for some live... well... chatting! Just scroll down below on the forum front page!
ATTENTION! Forum address has been changed to kkgc.forumotion.com!
COMING UP: Forum rules update. A possible reputation system?

2 problems with KD043 ENG sturmir edition

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
EddieKun
Gang Thug

2 problems with KD043 ENG sturmir edition Empty
PostSubject: 2 problems with KD043 ENG sturmir edition   2 problems with KD043 ENG sturmir edition I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2013 11:21 pm

Hi there!

I do hope someone pops onto this site and can help me.

I downloaded the Sturmir edition of KD (with english exe) from a YT video(watch?v=-U12-fyJXkk)
In it, you can see that the author of the video is NOT experiencing the 2 problems I'm about to share. I've reached out to him for a reply but have yet to receive an answer.

My problems are as follows:

When i run the English .exe, the vast majority of stages exhibit strange behavior(chars. fly up beyond the screen and die). This is not a problem in the YT video, as the 2 players are playing perfectly on maps that cause me trouble.
It should be noted that when I start KD from the original (japanese) .exe this problem doesn't occur

How do you fix this problem?

Also, while naming a  character for story all i see are Kanji dispite launching the game from the english .exe.
Now, In the .rar is the KDcharacter guide.txt. It appears to be a handy guide for translation.
But instead of being filled with Kanji, Hiri and Kata and its english equivilent its filled with things like this : EÎ ¾ ª Í © Ü È Ï E³ ½ EEE´
Chardata.txt is prefaced with : ƒLƒƒƒ‰ƒNƒ^[‚̃f[ƒ^‚ð’è‹`‚·‚éB
and character names in that file appear as : ‚e‚•‚Š‚‰, or something equally confusing

How does one use english characters to name a custom story character? and whats wrong with these text files?

PS on a side note, can custom characters be used in other modes? if so how?

Thanks for taking the time to read this. I hope you can help me

Last edited by EddieKun on Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
EddieKun
Gang Thug

PostSubject: Re: 2 problems with KD043 ENG sturmir edition   2 problems with KD043 ENG sturmir edition I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2013 11:28 pm

The strange fonts also appear in the .html files in the 'manual' folder. Here's an excerpt from 'controls1.html'

\ŽšƒL[@ˆÚ“®
‚`ƒ{ƒ^ƒ“@ƒpƒ“ƒ`Bƒƒjƒ…[’†‚ÍŒˆ’èB
‚aƒ{ƒ^ƒ“@ƒLƒbƒNBƒƒjƒ…[’†‚̓Lƒƒƒ“ƒZƒ‹B
‚bƒ{ƒ^ƒ“@ƒK[ƒh
‚`{‚a@@ƒWƒƒƒ“ƒv
‚`{‚b@@“Š‚°
ƒXƒ^[ƒg@ƒ|[ƒY
ƒZƒŒƒNƒg@‚`A‚aA‚b‚ƈꏏ‚ɉŸ‚·‚±‚Æ‚É‚æ‚èA“¯‚¶ƒ`[ƒ€‚Ì‚b‚o‚t‚ÉŽwŽ¦‚ðo‚·B
Back to top Go down
SwordGrayFire
Gang Officer
SwordGrayFire

PostSubject: Re: 2 problems with KD043 ENG sturmir edition   2 problems with KD043 ENG sturmir edition I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 23, 2013 3:56 am

well cuz the eng version was never compleated so if ya wanna stick with the good levels, i say use the Jap Version
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/TheKDkid1
EddieKun
Gang Thug

PostSubject: Re: 2 problems with KD043 ENG sturmir edition   2 problems with KD043 ENG sturmir edition I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 09, 2013 3:23 am

Thanks for the reply.

could you perhaps give insight as to why im seeing that strange script?

Is the site or my pc not able to view Kanji or something along those lines?

Kanji seems to show up on YT.

Also, how do you explain the youtube video that clearly shows the problem levels working with an english version of the game?

Back to top Go down
SwordGrayFire
Gang Officer
SwordGrayFire

PostSubject: Re: 2 problems with KD043 ENG sturmir edition   2 problems with KD043 ENG sturmir edition I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 6:29 am

sorry for a really late reply, so some style of computers are diffrent, i went into some settings mess around put it into japanese letters, and the KD game with char shows up with Eng and Jap names so it makes it easer to edit, theres ways to do it but its hard to explain
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/TheKDkid1
Danger
Gang Thug
Danger

PostSubject: Re: 2 problems with KD043 ENG sturmir edition   2 problems with KD043 ENG sturmir edition I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 10:22 am

If you still have problems with the english kd you should try this https://kkgc.forumotion.com/t157-nkd-english-patched-live
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/DANGEROVIDIU/videos?flow=grid&v
HellKnight18XXL
The Gang Leader
HellKnight18XXL

PostSubject: Re: 2 problems with KD043 ENG sturmir edition   2 problems with KD043 ENG sturmir edition I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 11:59 am

If you want to see symbols from eastern based languages then you have to install language packs using Windows.

I only know how to do it on Windows XP (Windows Vista, 7 and 8 I do not care about).

Go to Start > Control Panel > Regional and Language Options > Languages > Supplemental Language Support and check the two boxes. Afterwards if it asks you to reboot your PC then do so. After the reboot you should be able to see the symbols as they should be displayed in the first place.
Back to top Go down
EddieKun
Gang Thug

PostSubject: Re: 2 problems with KD043 ENG sturmir edition   2 problems with KD043 ENG sturmir edition I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 5:21 pm

Danger X, Thanks to SwordGreyFire i was made aware of that and subsequntly downloaded it (KD099 iirc). Its great and works perfectly. The tedious work that went into it is much appreciated! Im guessing there's a place i could download additional arenas and/or characters to bring it upto the depth and volume of the sturmir translation so no issues there.

Hellknight, I just did that and it solved my problem. The game's html based manual is now in hiri/kata/kanji and is easily translated using bablefish. See i figured since my chrome would display asian symbols automatically there would be no need to DL additional language font packs. Ignorance strikes again.

Thanks for replying. Now i can bender on KD until RCR:U is released!

PS keep those YT vids commin!
Back to top Go down
HellKnight18XXL
The Gang Leader
HellKnight18XXL

PostSubject: Re: 2 problems with KD043 ENG sturmir edition   2 problems with KD043 ENG sturmir edition I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 6:30 pm

No problem, man! Glad that we could be of assistance!  Wink 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2 problems with KD043 ENG sturmir edition   2 problems with KD043 ENG sturmir edition I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2 problems with KD043 ENG sturmir edition
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Kunio-kun Community :: Modder's Corner :: Help Center :: Resolved Issues-
Jump to: