Kunio-kun Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kunio-kun Community

A forum dedicated to the Kunio-kun game series.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
ANNOUNCEMENT: Come join #KunioKun! Our own IRC Channel on irc.esper.net!
ANNOUNCEMENT: We are now on Steam as well! Come join us if you'd like: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/Kunio-kun
HEADS-UP: Join the ChatBox for some live... well... chatting! Just scroll down below on the forum front page!
ATTENTION! Forum address has been changed to kkgc.forumotion.com!
COMING UP: Forum rules update. A possible reputation system?

River City Girls

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
RoCKbOy245
Gang Thug
RoCKbOy245

River City Girls Empty
PostSubject: River City Girls   River City Girls I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 12, 2019 4:41 am

Good day to you forum! It has been a while since I visited this forum.

I thought I'd like to share to you my experience with River City Girls. I've given this game a shot using my Switch and the game is fun! It reminisces the River City Ransom (Downtown Nekketsu Monogatari) formula and the soundtracks are wicked especially the arranged versions of the original Kunio-Kun games. I especially like the part where you get to perform all sorts of combos and juggles this game has to offer which to me adds a good layer of fun. And the game introduces Misako and Kyoko as the MCs. For those of you who are not familiar with these two, the first game they were introduced as playable characters is from Shin Nekketsu Kouha Kunio tachi no Banka. It was good that these characters are back after a decade or two of inactivity.

What about you? What do you guys/gals think?

Back to top Go down
GreatMasterFrank
Gang Thug
GreatMasterFrank

River City Girls Empty
PostSubject: Re: River City Girls   River City Girls I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 14, 2019 10:44 am

ugh... i'd admit that the game looks good and it looks really fun to play. but what really throw me bad is the fact the cahracter's desing and revamp personality, that something i find kinda odd, specially riki and the fact that he doesnt have his pompadour.

overall this whole thing looks like something that a "fan-Girl" could made without knowing anything about the kunio-kun games, but waht can i expect from "wayfoward"...

i gonna be honest and i may one day could try this game just for curiosity, but i may not like it at all.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/FrancoEchidna
RoCKbOy245
Gang Thug
RoCKbOy245

River City Girls Empty
PostSubject: Re: River City Girls   River City Girls I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 17, 2019 4:33 pm

Yeah. I can understand how you feel. To be honest, at first I was hesitant about the game. The visuals look too colorful and the design of the characters look a bit odd, especially Riki. He looks more like a member of a K-pop band while the rest of the characters are decent. Of course the game does feel a bit Westernized which is not a big surprise to me because Technos did that with their games before to make an appeal to the West about their games. Examples of those games are River City Ransom, Crash and the Boys, Renegade, etc.

However as I went on with the gameplay, it felt good. Not only are you beating up enemies but you can perform certain combos and juggles depending on how good your timing is if you want to perform other skills in your disposal for that combo.

Overall, the game is not for everyone especially for die-hard Kunio fans. But Wayforward did deliver the fun it has to offer in RC Girls and as someone who is familiar with the series, I had a lot of fun with it.
Back to top Go down
GreatMasterFrank
Gang Thug
GreatMasterFrank

River City Girls Empty
PostSubject: Re: River City Girls   River City Girls I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 29, 2019 5:52 pm

yes, the only good thing about the game in my opinion is the gameplay. looking at the trailers i could see that the mechanic of this game is pretty awesome, the way of performing moves and juggling the enemies is something that appeals to me.

if it wasn't for the desings and the colorful style, i would buy it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/FrancoEchidna
Sponsored content

River City Girls Empty
PostSubject: Re: River City Girls   River City Girls I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

River City Girls
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Kunio-kun Community :: The Technos Lobby :: Kunio-Kun and Other Technos Games-
Jump to: