Kunio-kun Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kunio-kun Community

A forum dedicated to the Kunio-kun game series.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
ANNOUNCEMENT: Come join #KunioKun! Our own IRC Channel on irc.esper.net!
ANNOUNCEMENT: We are now on Steam as well! Come join us if you'd like: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/Kunio-kun
HEADS-UP: Join the ChatBox for some live... well... chatting! Just scroll down below on the forum front page!
ATTENTION! Forum address has been changed to kkgc.forumotion.com!
COMING UP: Forum rules update. A possible reputation system?

River City Ransom: Downtown Special EX!! (Work in Progress)

Go down 
+3
Sorinkun
SwordGrayFire
GreatMasterFrank
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Sorinkun
Gang Officer
Sorinkun

River City Ransom: Downtown Special EX!! (Work in Progress) - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: River City Ransom: Downtown Special EX!! (Work in Progress)   River City Ransom: Downtown Special EX!! (Work in Progress) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2014 10:20 am

Try changing your language to Japanese, copy the text you want to translate, paste it in Notepad++; you'll see the words are now in Japanese in Notepad++. Then copy the text from the program and paste it in Google Translate.
Back to top Go down
http://www.nkdc.forum-motion.com/
Venom1660
Gang Thug

PostSubject: Re: River City Ransom: Downtown Special EX!! (Work in Progress)   River City Ransom: Downtown Special EX!! (Work in Progress) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2014 3:26 am

hmm, that didn't work for me. I copied the text and pasted it into notepad++, but the text is still that symbols gibberish. Unless there's something I didn't do? I don't understand why those specific pages; the only pages I want to look at, of course, aren't in Japanese and have been replaced by those symbols. It worked just fine before. Talk about aggravating.
Back to top Go down
Sorinkun
Gang Officer
Sorinkun

PostSubject: Re: River City Ransom: Downtown Special EX!! (Work in Progress)   River City Ransom: Downtown Special EX!! (Work in Progress) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2014 7:28 am

Hmm, maybe set the Encoding in Notepad++ to Japanese would work.
Back to top Go down
Venom1660
Gang Thug

PostSubject: Re: River City Ransom: Downtown Special EX!! (Work in Progress)   River City Ransom: Downtown Special EX!! (Work in Progress) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2014 1:24 am

still nothing.  Why the hell can I not translate that specific page???  I just wanted to take another look at the scenario and eventdata tutorials...ahhhhhhhhh
Back to top Go down
Sorinkun
Gang Officer
Sorinkun

PostSubject: Re: River City Ransom: Downtown Special EX!! (Work in Progress)   River City Ransom: Downtown Special EX!! (Work in Progress) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2014 7:26 am

I'll look over the page and see what I can do. If I succed, I'll paste the text here, no more links.
Back to top Go down
Venom1660
Gang Thug

PostSubject: Re: River City Ransom: Downtown Special EX!! (Work in Progress)   River City Ransom: Downtown Special EX!! (Work in Progress) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2014 10:46 pm

appreciate it, sorinkun.
Back to top Go down
Venom1660
Gang Thug

PostSubject: Re: River City Ransom: Downtown Special EX!! (Work in Progress)   River City Ransom: Downtown Special EX!! (Work in Progress) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2014 12:13 am

alright so i made my own storycharadata, scenario, and eventdata files, but I keep getting an error before the game even gets to start up.  WHAT IS WRONG WITH MY FILES???  I've been looking at other files that do function properly and trying to compare them.  What could be wrong to make the game not even be able to start up?  If only someone could look over the text files I made and see if theres anything wrong based on looking them over.  Could there be some spacing thats off?  Anything like that?  I have no idea.  It looks to me like I did it all correctly.  Is the program that picky about spacing and stuff?  From what I've seen, it doesn't look like its very consistant.  Do the names of the events/scenario even matter?  Can someone get me in touch with 920kun? How many more questions could I possibly ask??
Back to top Go down
Danger
Gang Thug
Danger

PostSubject: Re: River City Ransom: Downtown Special EX!! (Work in Progress)   River City Ransom: Downtown Special EX!! (Work in Progress) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2014 3:48 am

One option is to do like me I mean download an normal jidaigeki (make an copy) and then copy the files from jidaigeki remake one by one and see who is not good...but this is kinda hard because there are many files linked to each others...Ok I think I can speak with 920kun but what can I say to him? You can find it on youtube here: https://www.youtube.com/user/920kun/discussion if you want, just leave him a message (hmmm something tells me that he is a member of this forum https://kkgc.forumotion.com/u2 but I'm not sure)
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/DANGEROVIDIU/videos?flow=grid&v
Venom1660
Gang Thug

PostSubject: Re: River City Ransom: Downtown Special EX!! (Work in Progress)   River City Ransom: Downtown Special EX!! (Work in Progress) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2014 4:01 pm

funny that you said that danger x, because that's what I've just begun to do.  It seems to be working so far.  The big question still is, How does the PARTYJOIN section in the eventdata work...  I finally ran into a problem when I got to a character that is supposed to join my party.  I have their boss number from storycharadata in the PARTYJOIN list but they still won't show up in the game in the character menu.  So i guess you can ask him about that.  Also, can you ask him to explain in detail what all the stuff on the top of the scenario file means? I'm gonna keep looking at the eventdata tutorial that 920kun made to see if I can see what to do.

Back to top Go down
Danger
Gang Thug
Danger

PostSubject: Re: River City Ransom: Downtown Special EX!! (Work in Progress)   River City Ransom: Downtown Special EX!! (Work in Progress) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2014 4:18 am

Why don't you tell him, you can explain to him much better than me.
Back to top Go down
Venom1660
Gang Thug

PostSubject: Re: River City Ransom: Downtown Special EX!! (Work in Progress)   River City Ransom: Downtown Special EX!! (Work in Progress) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2014 11:56 pm

prolly a good idea.

But guys, when i figure out the character joining thing I think this project will be moving forward at a good pace! I've reached a point where I can finally start making some progress. I think you guys can actually expect to see this game completed! Here's hoping!
Back to top Go down
Sorinkun
Gang Officer
Sorinkun

PostSubject: Re: River City Ransom: Downtown Special EX!! (Work in Progress)   River City Ransom: Downtown Special EX!! (Work in Progress) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2014 12:04 am

Nice! Sorry for my late reply but due to some personal problems I could't help. Do you still need the translation?
Back to top Go down
Venom1660
Gang Thug

PostSubject: Re: River City Ransom: Downtown Special EX!! (Work in Progress)   River City Ransom: Downtown Special EX!! (Work in Progress) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2014 1:30 am

Well I was never able to get the webpage to display english characters but, I found that it was my internet browser that was the problem. Instead of firefox I went on that site with Internet Explorer, which finally displayed the japanese characters instead of that gibberish. I highlighted the entire webpage and copied and pasted it onto bing translator, then copied the english translation and pasted it onto a notepad file. Now I can read it so problem solved I guess.
Back to top Go down
Danger
Gang Thug
Danger

PostSubject: Re: River City Ransom: Downtown Special EX!! (Work in Progress)   River City Ransom: Downtown Special EX!! (Work in Progress) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2014 1:58 am

Very good!
Back to top Go down
Venom1660
Gang Thug

PostSubject: Re: River City Ransom: Downtown Special EX!! (Work in Progress)   River City Ransom: Downtown Special EX!! (Work in Progress) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2014 2:30 am

aight i posted a question on 920kuns youtube channel. Let's hope he responds with something good so I can move on.
Back to top Go down
Sorinkun
Gang Officer
Sorinkun

PostSubject: Re: River City Ransom: Downtown Special EX!! (Work in Progress)   River City Ransom: Downtown Special EX!! (Work in Progress) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2014 12:42 pm

Can you give us a demo? You haven't posted a video on your channel since 2013.
Back to top Go down
Venom1660
Gang Thug

PostSubject: Re: River City Ransom: Downtown Special EX!! (Work in Progress)   River City Ransom: Downtown Special EX!! (Work in Progress) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2014 2:05 am

yeah I've been meaning to create a demo of some sort for you guys to play, I just haven't gotten there yet. Once I figure out the character joining your party thing I'll be able to make the demo pretty quickly.
Back to top Go down
Venom1660
Gang Thug

PostSubject: Re: River City Ransom: Downtown Special EX!! (Work in Progress)   River City Ransom: Downtown Special EX!! (Work in Progress) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2014 3:37 am

Holy crap I figured it out. Looks like I'm not gonna need any more help with the scenario and eventdata texts; I have a pretty firm grasp now of how they work. I'm making a demo for you guys to play, and it should be ready soon.

The only things I really need help with now are mapping some of the stages, and a couple other small things. If anyone can help me with mapping the stages (the stage.txt files) please speak up!
Back to top Go down
Sorinkun
Gang Officer
Sorinkun

PostSubject: Re: River City Ransom: Downtown Special EX!! (Work in Progress)   River City Ransom: Downtown Special EX!! (Work in Progress) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2014 8:53 am

Cool! Hellknight would be very happy if you'd join his Jidaigeki modding project.
Back to top Go down
Venom1660
Gang Thug

PostSubject: Re: River City Ransom: Downtown Special EX!! (Work in Progress)   River City Ransom: Downtown Special EX!! (Work in Progress) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2014 1:50 am

hey guys, I was reading some stuff on another topic on here about the Miracle Kids Hack of the GBA river city ransom. I was watching these videos specifically. Does anyone know where they get these english names for some of these characters that never showed up in any north american releases? Here are the videos I'm talking about:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCe8Rtb2l-g&index=1&list=PLC98F57023AD62BC4

I made up names for every character that I couldn't find an English name for. I guess that guy that was the squids boss in Downtown Special, Nizae, his name is Matt? In my game I kept him a Squids gang member and gave him the name Nigel. I thought it sounded close to Nizae so that's why I gave him that name. There are others too, like the Eagles boss that has that tornado move? Kazaoka I guess? It says in some comments that his name is Clint. It's too bad the Double Length Chain wasn't implemented in the Jidaigeki remake.
Back to top Go down
Danger
Gang Thug
Danger

PostSubject: Re: River City Ransom: Downtown Special EX!! (Work in Progress)   River City Ransom: Downtown Special EX!! (Work in Progress) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2014 3:03 am

Well you should asked in that topic, (sorry I can't help with that) but anyway what matters is how many fighters is in your jidaigeki, and when you say demo you won't post the full game for download? Sad (I can help with made up english names if you want)
Back to top Go down
Venom1660
Gang Thug

PostSubject: Re: River City Ransom: Downtown Special EX!! (Work in Progress)   River City Ransom: Downtown Special EX!! (Work in Progress) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2014 7:28 am

my jidaigeki game is going to have 140 or more characters.  I guess what I'm giving you isn't really a demo its just gonna be the what I've done so far.  I am about 40% complete with the eventdata and scenario files.  The rest of the game is pretty much complete save for a few things like the mapping of some of the stages are messed up.  I'm sure there's other errors, please feel free to point them out to me when you play!  I'd also be happy to hear any kind of feedback about the game.  I'll post an attatchment of my jidaigeki files on the first and last post of this topic.
Back to top Go down
Danger
Gang Thug
Danger

PostSubject: Re: River City Ransom: Downtown Special EX!! (Work in Progress)   River City Ransom: Downtown Special EX!! (Work in Progress) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2014 10:48 pm

So you must only complete the eventdata and scenario...I can't wait bounce
Back to top Go down
HellKnight18XXL
The Gang Leader
HellKnight18XXL

PostSubject: Re: River City Ransom: Downtown Special EX!! (Work in Progress)   River City Ransom: Downtown Special EX!! (Work in Progress) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2014 1:08 am

Sorinkun wrote:
Cool! Hellknight would be very happy if you'd join his Jidaigeki modding project.

I saw this just now and it's highly off-topic but whatever.

I did not say anything about turning my Jidaigeki Remake mod into a community based project. It is a solo project mostly. I only accepted your offer to modify the stages for it because I don't have the patience to do so, nor am I any good at drawing.

So I would like it if people wouldn't take over my own projects. I make the shots regarding my projects.

On topic: I'm highly interested to see this so called "demo" of yours.
Back to top Go down
Venom1660
Gang Thug

PostSubject: Re: River City Ransom: Downtown Special EX!! (Work in Progress)   River City Ransom: Downtown Special EX!! (Work in Progress) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 4:20 am

Hello!  It's been a while since I posted...happy post thanksgiving/pre christmas everyone!  

I just wanna give you guys an update about this project.  It's not dead, far from it!  Actually I've been working pretty hard on it when I had time, and I finished the eventdata and scenario files.  Now the game is in its final stages.  I'm just going through everything, doing some finishing touches.  Most of it has to do with the AI for the bosses and gangs.  There are going to be some very minor problems that I'm not sure I'll be able to figure out, but I'll try my best.  

As for this "demo" that I talked about...I figured I was more than 60 percent done with the game so I would just wait until it was totally completed.  Sorry guys, but your waiting is about to pay off.

Hey, Hellknight!  Remember me?  I was bugging you with emails about how to manipulate this game a long time ago.  Guess I was able to figure it all out.  I never personally offered my assistance with your projects, and I know you said it wasn't a community mod but if you have any questions about anything I'd be glad to see if I can answer them.  Also, glad I peaked your interests about my game.  The time is coming soon.  Maybe you can all think of it as a Christmas present from me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: River City Ransom: Downtown Special EX!! (Work in Progress)   River City Ransom: Downtown Special EX!! (Work in Progress) - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

River City Ransom: Downtown Special EX!! (Work in Progress)
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next