Kunio-kun Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kunio-kun Community

A forum dedicated to the Kunio-kun game series.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
ANNOUNCEMENT: Come join #KunioKun! Our own IRC Channel on irc.esper.net!
ANNOUNCEMENT: We are now on Steam as well! Come join us if you'd like: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/Kunio-kun
HEADS-UP: Join the ChatBox for some live... well... chatting! Just scroll down below on the forum front page!
ATTENTION! Forum address has been changed to kkgc.forumotion.com!
COMING UP: Forum rules update. A possible reputation system?

River city ramsom jumping tutorial

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Narudan
Gang Thug
Narudan

River city ramsom jumping tutorial Empty
PostSubject: River city ramsom jumping tutorial   River city ramsom jumping tutorial I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2014 5:48 am

Please one of you youtubers from the forum make a tutorial of the river city ramsom jumping please make one  bounce bounce bounce 
Back to top Go down
GreatMasterFrank
Gang Thug
GreatMasterFrank

PostSubject: Re: River city ramsom jumping tutorial   River city ramsom jumping tutorial I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2014 4:49 am

press A and B at the same time to jump, almost all the kunio kun games hav this combination.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/FrancoEchidna
Narudan
Gang Thug
Narudan

PostSubject: Re: River city ramsom jumping tutorial   River city ramsom jumping tutorial I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2015 7:13 am

im talking about program a river city ransom jump on game maker, how to make that combinations etc
Back to top Go down
Danger
Gang Thug
Danger

PostSubject: Re: River city ramsom jumping tutorial   River city ramsom jumping tutorial I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2015 10:23 pm

never heard of it why didn't you posted the link, and why did you replied so late?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/DANGEROVIDIU/videos?flow=grid&v
Fairfield
Gang Thug

PostSubject: Re: River city ramsom jumping tutorial   River city ramsom jumping tutorial I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2015 12:30 pm

My friend Josef, whom I think is known as "Kunio" here, actually showed me how to do this. Unfortunately, I'm not on my home PC right now, so I don't have the file on hand, but check back in a few days and I'll share it.
Back to top Go down
Fairfield
Gang Thug

PostSubject: Re: River city ramsom jumping tutorial   River city ramsom jumping tutorial I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2015 1:14 pm

Hello again!  Sorry it took to long to reply; I got caught up in working on something job-related, but now that I am here I can show you how to do this; roughly.

I am going to assume you've already got a standard four-directional array of Kunio-style movements; if not, please share the file.  Here is the coding Josef added, which will allow Kunio to jump.

In the Create event, add this code from the option in the "Control" tab:
Code:
z=0 //or you can just call height
as=0 //air speed or falling speed
jump=0 //He's not jumping
You probably know the X and Y plotting from both grade school math class and the standard GM architecture, but it's 2D; jumping simulates a third dimension, which is why Josef added a new variable called "z" (Z is usually the accepted third dimension term in Math, when third dimensions are considered at all) and another called "jump".  Both are at 0 to start.

Now we'll add the event where you actually press a button to jump; mine is spacebar (Note: Two-button functions are kind of tricky in GM, so I'd advise against doing the RCR-style "A+B" bit unless you're really, really nostalgic.)  Make an event with that button being pressed, and add this code:
Code:
if jump=0 //If he isn't jumping
{ //then
jump=1 //He's jumping
z+=1 //We must increase it, or he won't jump, don't modify
sprite_index=sprite_KunioStartJump image_speed=0.3 //It's temporary
as+=10 //Increase for higher jump
}
I'm actually a bit unclear as to how the z coordinate factors into this one, but it apparently is necessary, so do that.  Overall, this makes sure the character is currently touching the ground, and if so shoots the character up into the air the height specified with as.

The coding is now set for the character to move up in mathematical terms, but it won't translate into graphics yet, so add a "Draw" event and put in this code:
Code:
//Draw self
draw_sprite_ext(sprite_index,-1,x,y-z,image_xscale,image_yscale,image_angle,image_blend,image_alpha)

That looks cumbersome, but the only bit you need to note is the third and forth point--these are where the sprite appears based on defined x and y locations; x is left as the actual object's normal x coordinate, but y is changed to "y-z", which means the character will appear to move north when he's just moving up (hence jumping).

Now we've got the code for a character to jump up; all that's left is for that character to fall down again.  For that, make a "Step" event and add this code:
Code:
//Some gravity code
if(z>0){z+=as as-=1}
/*if he's landed then set the jump to 0, so he's not jumping anymore*/
if z<0 and as!=0 and jump=1 { jump=0 z=0 as=0 }
 This bit is truly more advanced code than I'm capable of understanding, but I trust Josef; I know this works for my game.
Back to top Go down
Danger
Gang Thug
Danger

PostSubject: Re: River city ramsom jumping tutorial   River city ramsom jumping tutorial I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2016 10:35 am

Sorin is a trash can.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/DANGEROVIDIU/videos?flow=grid&v
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: River city ramsom jumping tutorial   River city ramsom jumping tutorial I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

River city ramsom jumping tutorial
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Kunio-kun Community :: Modder's Corner :: Tutorials-
Jump to: