Kunio-kun Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kunio-kun Community

A forum dedicated to the Kunio-kun game series.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
ANNOUNCEMENT: Come join #KunioKun! Our own IRC Channel on irc.esper.net!
ANNOUNCEMENT: We are now on Steam as well! Come join us if you'd like: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/Kunio-kun
HEADS-UP: Join the ChatBox for some live... well... chatting! Just scroll down below on the forum front page!
ATTENTION! Forum address has been changed to kkgc.forumotion.com!
COMING UP: Forum rules update. A possible reputation system?

Kunio-kun Story

Go down 
+2
SwordGrayFire
rushbird
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
rushbird
Gang Thug

Kunio-kun Story  Empty
PostSubject: Kunio-kun Story    Kunio-kun Story  I_icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2012 8:57 am

Basically, I was trying to do a re-telling of the Kunio-kun series starting with the first one. Started working on it January or so of 2012 and posted it two months later. It's mid of May now, so I've been thinking of making a second part of this, though I may have to re-learn Flash MX 2004 again (as well as figuring out an EASIER way to produce typewriter text). I decided to post this for those who have yet to see it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_WmeMmRgpc

Last edited by rushbird on Thu May 24, 2012 8:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SwordGrayFire
Gang Officer
SwordGrayFire

Kunio-kun Story  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kunio-kun Story    Kunio-kun Story  I_icon_minitimeSat May 12, 2012 8:39 am

very nice...i can't make one tho but yours is good has others who made flashes with Kunio
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/TheKDkid1
rushbird
Gang Thug

Kunio-kun Story  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kunio-kun Story    Kunio-kun Story  I_icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 9:04 am

Episode 2:
https://youtu.be/Jb0v6irEOIw

Some of the things I need to work on:
1. Setting up the grunts - I have to create a new set of grunts to represent those from Hanazono High. While all I need to do is to recolor them, it will still take a lot of time to do so with each pose.

2. The Town Station scene - I'm never really good at my own drawings. I personally hated my edit of the letter scene as I've been trying to find a way to replace the original content (which was the Kanji for challenge from Kakutou Densetsu) with something else and been messing it up. So I stuck with Kunio's name in hiragana. I'm thinking of using backgrounds from Bangai Rantou Hen and recolor them to make it close to the train station scene from Nekktsu Kouha Kunio-kun

3. Wataru - There will be a pre-fight where Kunio takes on Wataru first, Hanazono's No. 2 in Kunio-kun Special. That would mean I have to convert Wataru's 3DS sprite into an RCR-style sprite and to set up poses for each animation. Madoka was hard enough for me.

4. Obviously the fight scenes

5. A flashback scene

I'll try to make this episode run for more than 6 1/2 minutes from the last video (aiming for 10, much like the standard run time in Adventure Time and Regular Show). Since I'm doing this all on my own it'll take weeks before the episode is finally completed. I don't own a very powerful PC (it's not even good enough to run Windows 7), and my knowledge of Flash is still pretty basic. So please bear with me.

P.S. You may notice in the video the characters remain still when walking. This is because I made a mistake when converting them to video which resulted in their motion tweens to be disabled (I use SWF2Video Pro for my conversions. If anyone can recommend a better program to convert flash into video, please let me know.)

Back to top Go down
rushbird
Gang Thug

Kunio-kun Story  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kunio-kun Story    Kunio-kun Story  I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 4:30 am

A small update. I got caught up with work for the past few weeks and just as I get busy, I'm off again, with personal problems to boot. Nonetheless, I try to give myself the time to work on Episode 2 and made some progress.

Not sure if my upload would work, but that is the work I'm doing so far - making the first of 3 fight scenes for the episode. The actual movie will run at twice the speed of the gif image i uploaded. If the background appears familiar, it's because it's taken from the Bangai Rantouhen/Double Dragon game for the Gameboy, with added colors thrown in. Again, I suck at making my own drawings, so I have to use pre-existing backgrounds from the Kunio games and edit them as necessary.

I did spent some time checking out the River City Ransom flash videos at Newgrounds for inspiration and got some pointers. I'm trying to add more Motion Tweens to the fight scenes as supposed to Frame-by-Frame and I can see the difference. My only gripe is it's harder to figure out the timing of the animation with Motion Tween (ie at what point in the Motion Tween will Kunio land a kick so I can do the hit frame graphic for the grunt). Also, it's more troubling to convert to video since doing so will only show the FIRST frame of the motion tween as it moves and nothing else.

I should have Episode 2 ready anywhere between this month and the next.
Attachments
Kunio-kun Story  AttachmentKunio_Story_Fight1.gif.gif
You don't have permission to download attachments.
(55 Kb) Downloaded 14 times
Back to top Go down
SwordGrayFire
Gang Officer
SwordGrayFire

Kunio-kun Story  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kunio-kun Story    Kunio-kun Story  I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2012 5:03 am

nah no worries man every little things going to be alright i bet its going to be great Very Happy
Back to top Go down
rushbird
Gang Thug

Kunio-kun Story  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kunio-kun Story    Kunio-kun Story  I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 4:45 am

Update: Well, I finally finished the first fight scene and now working on the stage for the second fight scene, which is the train station. As I said before, I'll be using the background image from Bangai Rantou Hen to do the train station scene. I only have one small error, in which one of the railings was misaligned, but I'm not going to bother to correct that small mistake.
Back to top Go down
rushbird
Gang Thug

Kunio-kun Story  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kunio-kun Story    Kunio-kun Story  I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 4:34 am

Here's my work so far:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GoHQXoZWsc

Some work that needs to be done:

- Set up sprites for Wataru and Riki
- Prep up battle scene for the above mentioned
- Additional sprites for the Hanazono students (Saotome, Maeda, etc) for small appearances
- Closing scenes
Back to top Go down
SwordGrayFire
Gang Officer
SwordGrayFire

Kunio-kun Story  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kunio-kun Story    Kunio-kun Story  I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2012 2:18 am

i see the pipse in the backround are Yellow i seen it purple nice keep it good my friend
Back to top Go down
rushbird
Gang Thug

Kunio-kun Story  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kunio-kun Story    Kunio-kun Story  I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2012 6:08 am

Hey, guys. I haven't actually been making any progress because I got so busy with my real life - work and my sudden addiction to Avengers Alliance on Facebook. It's only around this week that I started to continue working on Episode 2 starting with setting up sprites for Wataru. I got a bunch of sprites I made of him so far, but I still need to make more as the scene requires.

I've decided to upload my sprite set of Wataru so you guys can have a crack at it. Take note that I decided to have Wataru wear the standard Hanazono uniform seen in RCR as opposed to the one he wears in Kunio-kun Special. Also, the sprites are sized on average 32x64 to fit with my movie, which is double the original sprite size used in the NES game.
Attachments
Kunio-kun Story  AttachmentWataru.zip
Wataru Sprite Set (WIP)
(123 Kb) Downloaded 14 times
Back to top Go down
Die_In_Fire
Gang Thug
Die_In_Fire

Kunio-kun Story  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kunio-kun Story    Kunio-kun Story  I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 4:56 pm

Looks pretty good!! Hope to see more of this project soon!!!!
Back to top Go down
rushbird
Gang Thug

Kunio-kun Story  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kunio-kun Story    Kunio-kun Story  I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 8:54 am

Sorry for the long wait. Apparently, real life got the best of me so I had to set the project aside. I finally finished the episode:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19z1XiQOUAs

I didn't put Riki in this episode because I was having problems on his Mach Punch animation in regards to frame rate (the video runs at 24 FPS, as opposed to 12 in Episode 1). I essentially wanted the Mach Punch to go as fast as in RCR (and in turn, the Mach Kick). However any change in the frame rate of the video will change the animation flow completely, so I decided to omit Riki on this episode and save it for the next.

I've decided to set this project aside for the time being as I deal with my real life issues. Once things are in the clear, I will begin working on Episode 3. At that point, I may have to create a new Youtube channel dedicated entirely to my Kunio-kun series.
Back to top Go down
rushbird
Gang Thug

Kunio-kun Story  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kunio-kun Story    Kunio-kun Story  I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2012 12:18 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMFLXAcLVdo&feature=youtu.be

Well, here it is, the much anticipated 3rd Episode, and the conclusion to the Hanazono arc. I watched as many martial arts movies as I can for some pointers on performing combo attacks for the fight scene to make the movesets for each character a little more variable. I even modified their sprites a bit to add some more moves. The goal is to make the fight last a little longer than the Wataru fight, until I realize that a typical 5-minute fight scene with live actors is much shorter here because of the frame rate.

I also wanted the conversation at the end scene to go a little longer, explaining the implicaitons of Kunio's win against Riki (Kunio would have control of both Nekketsu and Hanazono as a result, but he turns it down and allows Hanazono to run as is with the condition to end all bullying). However, I have to cut it short to stay within the end theme's range.

For the BGM in the fight scene, I originally wanted to use the OC Remix version of the Boss Theme, but I decided that Dangerous Mezashi Cat's version of "Men with A Lot of Guts" from Soreyuki Dai Undoukudai is more fitting, as it describes the two fighters as having a lot of guts when fighting one another.

Hope you guys enjoyed my works. Not sure if I can do Episode 4 because of the challenge of creating new sprites, backgrounds, and animations I'm not too familiar with in Flash MX 2004. But if anyone out there is willing to help me out, I may consider doing the Blue Emperor/Yokohama Funky arc after all.
Back to top Go down
rushbird
Gang Thug

Kunio-kun Story  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kunio-kun Story    Kunio-kun Story  I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2012 8:07 pm

While I'm still considering doing Episode 4, I have drafted a general summary of the Blue Emperor/Shinji arc, which I decide to give out below. Of course, these are spoilers, so be warned. If I do decide to do Episode 4, I may change my drafted summary as time passes.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
rushbird
Gang Thug

Kunio-kun Story  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kunio-kun Story    Kunio-kun Story  I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2012 4:26 pm

Just letting everyone know I am trying to make episode 4 despite the challenge of creating a series of new sprites and backgrounds. Progress sadly has been awfully slow because of not just my real life getting in the way, but it took me several days to work on one background scene because I criticize it for being too simplistic in design (i use the stages in the NES Nekketsu Kouha Kunio-kun game as a base). I managed to get 2 done, but I have plenty more to do.

The first one is the Principal's Office where the opening of the episode will take place. I tried my best to emulate the scene from Kunio-kun special.

Kunio-kun Story  Office11

The second one is the 5th scene, which is inside the cafe. This one took me forever because I wanted to have as many stuff as possible to keep it from being simplistic, but at the same time provide some space for the characters to move about.

Kunio-kun Story  Cafec10

The other 3 scenes I will use for this episode I can simply edit using the existing ones from Kakutou Densetsu and River City Ransom. Once that's done, I'll begin doing the sprites for the Principal, a waitress, some female students, Shinji and his gang, and the vehicles.

Someone in my YT account requested some of my sprites, so I'll provide my Kunio sprites here, which is also used as a base for all other characters. Take note that my set will be updated and some files renamed as time passes, but feel free to use them however you wish.

I'll host the other sprites the rest of the week or next week.
Attachments
Kunio-kun Story  AttachmentKunio&BaseSprite.zip
(231 Kb) Downloaded 19 times
Back to top Go down
Die_In_Fire
Gang Thug
Die_In_Fire

Kunio-kun Story  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kunio-kun Story    Kunio-kun Story  I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2012 1:19 pm

uhmmm if you send me some caps of the stages you want to emulate, I can help you with some edits.

Back to top Go down
malikok
Gang Thug

Kunio-kun Story  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kunio-kun Story    Kunio-kun Story  I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2012 7:08 pm

are you uset flash mx 2008 or flash 8 or adobe flash cs3 or cs5
Back to top Go down
rushbird
Gang Thug

Kunio-kun Story  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kunio-kun Story    Kunio-kun Story  I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2012 1:27 am

@DIF: Well, here's a snapshot of the last Shopping Mall before Reihou, that I slightly edit to match my movie's Height limit of 350. I will use this for the 6th scene after all edits are made:

Kunio-kun Story  Town_s10

Note that the blue pavement at the bottom is slightly longer in height. I wanted to stretch the width of this stage, almost to the same size as the Train Station scene, if not longer (the pic above is 1006 in Width. The Train Station scene is more than twice that size). This is to not only provide Kunio with lots of room to move about against Shinji's gang, but other characters as well. If you are able to edit this by adding a few more shopping malls, restaurants, etc. while stretching the width as much as possible, I appreciate it.

Basically, the pic above would be christened as the Nekketsu shopping district.

Another scene I may have difficulty is Scene 4, which is to introduce Shinji and his gang as they look over Nekketsu from a distance. Not sure how I'll produce that scene from scratch. Was thinking of using either the Title Scene from Hockey Bu or the Tunnel Scene from RCR.

Scenes 2 and 3 will take place within Nekketsu High, which I'll have no trouble making.

@malikok: I use Flash MX 2004 for my videos as my PC isn't powerful enough to use any Flash Software more advanced than that one.
Back to top Go down
malikok
Gang Thug

Kunio-kun Story  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kunio-kun Story    Kunio-kun Story  I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2012 6:52 pm

At what time get we a sprite forum riki ? that is me work https://i.servimg.com/u/f10/18/00/32/56/ojeeww13.gif my first works - - that blue eye its me .........................
Back to top Go down
rushbird
Gang Thug

Kunio-kun Story  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kunio-kun Story    Kunio-kun Story  I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2012 9:37 pm

malikok wrote:
At what time get we a sprite forum riki ? that is me work https://i.servimg.com/u/f10/18/00/32/56/ojeeww13.gif my first works - - that blue eye its me .........................

I am not sure what you are asking, but your gif work is nice.
Back to top Go down
malikok
Gang Thug

Kunio-kun Story  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kunio-kun Story    Kunio-kun Story  I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2012 4:19 am

thanks (sorry for not good english)
Back to top Go down
malikok
Gang Thug

Kunio-kun Story  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kunio-kun Story    Kunio-kun Story  I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2012 4:21 am

rushbird when got we a other sprites?
Back to top Go down
rushbird
Gang Thug

Kunio-kun Story  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kunio-kun Story    Kunio-kun Story  I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2012 7:02 am

As promised, here are the rest of my sprites. No need to credit me for these, though I'll be honored if you do.
Attachments
Kunio-kun Story  AttachmentRiki.zip
(304 Kb) Downloaded 16 times
Kunio-kun Story  AttachmentShinichi.zip
(26 Kb) Downloaded 13 times
Kunio-kun Story  AttachmentKoji.zip
(27 Kb) Downloaded 9 times
Kunio-kun Story  AttachmentToshio.zip
(76 Kb) Downloaded 11 times
Kunio-kun Story  AttachmentYuuya.zip
(111 Kb) Downloaded 11 times
Kunio-kun Story  AttachmentWataru.zip
(179 Kb) Downloaded 9 times
Kunio-kun Story  AttachmentMadoka.zip
(48 Kb) Downloaded 14 times
Back to top Go down
malikok
Gang Thug

Kunio-kun Story  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kunio-kun Story    Kunio-kun Story  I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2012 1:57 am

thanks for the sprite wacht me works but that is SWF file http://zy1.ys168.com/ck/show_sp.aspx?wdz=http://ys-e.ys168.com/1.0/378713323/hvtKRJg58256H5IHIQ4I/kunio%20s.swf
Back to top Go down
rushbird
Gang Thug

Kunio-kun Story  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kunio-kun Story    Kunio-kun Story  I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2012 2:37 am

can't see your work even in offline Flash Player.
Back to top Go down
malikok
Gang Thug

Kunio-kun Story  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kunio-kun Story    Kunio-kun Story  I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2012 6:28 pm

how can i upload a swf file?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Kunio-kun Story  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kunio-kun Story    Kunio-kun Story  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kunio-kun Story
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next